GD Rwanda Call Center Manager
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving - and millions of lives - by allowing donors to provide capital grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of which is allocated to evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing a benchmark, and in the process accelerate the end of extreme poverty. GiveDirectly has raised over $700M in revenue (>$300M in 2020 alone), while being recognized as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company. GiveDirectly’s role in the growing movement toward cash transfers has been featured in This American Life, Foreign Affairs, The Economist, and Business Insider.
Cash transfers are at an important inflection point: COVID-19 has amplified the challenges of bulkier in-kind aid models, and governments are deploying cash as their most common tool of assistance to vulnerable populations. GiveDirectly has an opportunity to leverage its strong track record (which includes operations across 9 countries, >$400M transferred to over 1M individuals, and 15 randomized control trials completed or ongoing), to both deliver immense impact and position itself as the premiere cash implementation vehicle in the world.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, global team. Joining GiveDirectly means the opportunity to work alongside individuals from 21 countries who speak 69 different languages. Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and a willingness to learn. We’re actively working towards an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has backgrounds in start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, nonprofits, and more.
The Call Center Manager (CCM) will play a central role in ensuring that GiveDirectly delivers a gold-standard product to donors and a positive experience to recipients. The call center serves as an interactive platform between GiveDirectly and its recipients. Through the call center, GD proactively reaches out to recipients to ensure donations are well received, handle any issues that arise, and answer any questions they might have.
The CCM will be responsible for the efficient implementation of the follow-up process, including tracking performance of the follow-up team; monitoring recipient call data; streamlining workflow processes and call scripts; building a culture of mentorship and professional development; and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement. The role will reward exceptional personnel management, effective communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, and a strong commitment towards building a scalable and better-leveraged field organization.
Design and monitor call-center workflow
● Create and track work-plans for call-center team
● Review weekly reports to track productivity and quality of service; design and own process of correcting slipping metrics
● Monitor recipient call data to ensure data integrity
● Coach field officers to identify any red flags and pick up on any un-flagged issues
● Find creative solutions to issues faced by the call center which have not been faced before
● Track and interpret data to make recommendations on process improvement to Field Director
● Coordinate and manage professional development and training of call-center field officers (e.g. trainings on all new protocols for existing team as well as all training for new field officers)
● Strengthen coordination systems between enrollment, follow-up, and Call Center
● Identify opportunities for “specialization trainings” on different follow-up functions (e.g. adverse events management, registration problems) and assess the necessity of re-organizing the team
● Ensure positive team dynamics and identify opportunities for morale-building (e.g. retreats, team events, incentives schemes, etc.)
● Oversee implementation of technologies aimed at streamlining data collection and workflow management
● Maintain updated documentation of all collected data and case-management protocols, including those aimed at ensuring data security and standardization
● Identify gaps and provide solutions to address GiveDirectly’s current operational vulnerabilities and process
● Identify and formulate solutions to address fraud vulnerability in all stages of the the enrollment and (e.g. SIM-card changes)
● Coordinate special infrastructure optimization project projects with non-traditional technology
● Own, plan and execute projects with minimal supervision, such as pilots, and efficiently track, document and analyze learnings and recommendations after completion.