International - UNDP-GEF Midterm Review Consultant
This is the Terms of Reference (ToR) for the UNDP-GEF Midterm Review (MTR) of the full-sized project titled Land Degradation Neutrality of mountain landscapes in Lebanon (LDN) (PIMS #5837) implemented through the Ministry of Environment, which is to be undertaken in 2021. The project started on the 9th of March 2020 and is in its second year of implementation. In line with the UNDP-GEF Guidance on MTRs, this MTR process was initiated immediately after the submission of the second Project Implementation Report (PIR). This ToR sets out the expectations for this MTR. The MTR process must follow the guidance outlined in the document Guidance For Conducting Midterm Reviews of UNDP-Supported, GEF-Financed Projects (http://web.undp.org/evaluation/documents/guidance/GEF/mid-term/Guidance_Midterm%20Review%20_EN_2014.pdf)
Duties and Responsibilities
The MTR will assess progress towards the achievement of the project objectives and outcomes as specified in the Project Document, and assess early signs of project success or failure with the goal of identifying the necessary changes to be made in order to set the project on-track to achieve its intended results. The MTR will also review the project’s strategy and its risks to sustainability.
For additional information, please refer to ANNEX I – Terms of Reference
- Master’s Degree or higher in natural resource management or environmental science or environmental policy or land management or closely related field
- At least 10 years of work experience in relevant technical areas
- Experience in undertaking GEF evaluations
- Experience with results-based monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Experience applying SMART indicators and reconstructing or validating baseline scenarios
- Competence in adaptive management, as applied to Sustainable Land Management GEF Focal Area
- Experience working in Arab States region is a plus
- Project evaluation/review experiences within United Nations system will be considered an asset
- Experience in gender including on sensitive evaluation and analysis.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Knowledge of the UN preferable.
How to apply:The consultancy is open for all international consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants are requested to apply only through this UNDP jobs portal.Submissions through any other media will not be considered.The application must include all of the following documents:1. P11,2. Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) and3. Financial proposalAll files shall be submitted in one single document and uploaded as word or PDF file to the UNDP job site.It has been observed that bidders don’t submit all requested documents and thus reducing their chance to be selected for a contract with UNDP. Before you submit your offer please revise that the application is complete and comprises all documents.Incomplete applications will not be considered.