Project Management Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Nairobi Convention Secretariat, the national UNV will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support to the Head of Nairobi Convention in tasks related to the implementation of the Nairobi Convention Programme of Work.
- Assist in the preparing terms of reference for consultancies assignments and other contracts, for implementation of the Nairobi Convention Programme of Work.
- Support preparation of the Nairobi Convention annual work plans and support their implementation, monitoring, and reporting in synergy with work plans of partners active in the Western Indian Ocean region.
- Participating in the identification of priority areas for development of project proposals for fund raising amongst targeted donors, including GEF, GCF, and other development partners supporting implementation of the Nairobi Convention.
- Support organization of meetings and contribute to the preparation of meeting agendas, meeting concept notes, identifying participants, preparation of background and working documents, meeting reports and where appropriate, handling logistics, and preparing mission reports.
- Undertaking any duties assigned to him/her by the project for the smooth and efficient implementation of programmes and projects.
Advanced university degree (Masters) in marine sciences, environmental studies specialising in marine and coastal environment or discipline related to the work of marine biology and/or coastal ecosystems, or related area is required. A first-level university degree with additional technical training in coastal and marine management in combination with additional 3 years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degreeRequired experience 24 Months Experience remark
2 years’ experience working in coastal and marine conservation and management, experience on ocean governance, experience on transboundary management of coastal and marine resources will be an added advantage.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Coastal and marine conservation and management, experience on ocean governanceDriving license Competencies values Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 17 September 2021