Project Support Officer
Eligibility criteria Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Programme Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Project Officer will:
- Assist the programme team in matters concerning the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of Peace Building, Prevention of Violent Extremism and cross border related interventions.
- Assist in ensuring a close working relationship with Implementing partners.
- Assist in organizing of activities of the programme at national and County levels.
- Coordinating the necessary backup support to cluster coordinators and field monitors for proper execution of activities.
- Maintaining up to date database and reports on peace building and small arms control.
- Furnish the Programme team on the administrative updates of the programme implementation.
- Support preparation and implementation of the programme Workplan focusing on achievement of results.
- Proper control of supporting documents for request and payment of programme activities.
- Provision of technical and logistical support to missions, meetings and workshops of the programme.
- Act upon and follow up on pipeline assignment with partner agencies particularly in timely submission of documents.
- Preparing proposals for funding in support of peace building, PVE and cross border initiatives.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, development studies, international relations and other relevant fields. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- At least two years of professional work experience on programme implementation
- Working in the UN is an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent