HR & Admin. Officer
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the HR & Admin. Officer supports the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Lamwo Office and supporting the country Office and is the focal person providing key support on all HR functions. The Human Resource Officer will assist in the human resources activities including recruitment and orientation, personnel files, staff benefits and insurance schemes and payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Initiate and coordinate the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Prepare and post job advertisements for vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of application and sending out HR communications.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Maintain an organized recruitment resource database and weekly update the recruitment status report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis.
- Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the IRC policy.
- Liaise with hiring managers to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire at the IRC Lamwo office. Includes providing pre-assignment information, orienting employee to the IRC Way in the office.
- Preparing and track offer letters and employment contracts.
- Prepare CoS (Change of Status) forms as required and draft /track Staff Contracts, termination forms/notifications.
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understands their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
- Ensure the IRC way violations are captured, reported, and followed through on a monthly basis.
- Support the management of IRC Uganda’s HRIS system for the Lamwo section and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
- Support the maintenance of talent acquisition and management processes in Cornerstone and the HRIS as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
- Act as a point of contact for Cornerstone enquiries
- Capacity building employees & management, in the use of Cornerstone and the HRIS.
- Support Payroll process for staff, as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for Lamwo staff.
- Ensure that performance evaluations for staff are conducted on time and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency.
- Collate training needs from the PME and ensure that they are captured in the Annual learning and development plan.
Health Insurance management
- Coordinate the national staff health insurance scheme ensuring timely and accurate reports from the service provider.
- Ensure staff and eligible dependents are registered on to the medical insurance scheme, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the scheme is functioning well.
- Liaise with the health service provider to resolve any issues with the services.
- Follow up on all medical insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff to/from the employer’s liability and the medical and hospitalization insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
- Process and track termination paperwork for Lamwo staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture.
- Ensure that staff are removed from the Health Insurance scheme and GPA schemes accordingly.
- Develop and maintain reports to update and finalize terminal benefits.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested.
Key Working Relationships
External: Ministry of Labour, Social Welfare and Health, NGO’s, Communication & Utility Companies, Hotel/Guesthouse owners, IRC Legal representatives, Newspapers and radio media.
Internal: HR & Admin. Manager, SMT, Finance, Supply Chain and Program Departments.