Beirut - Programme Policy Officer for Social Protection (ESSN - Research) SC8
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy Announcement will close on 17 September 2021 at 11:59, Rome Time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY.
-Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
-Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Assisting more than 90 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to nearly 1.1 million vulnerable person, in the form of unrestricted assistance in-kind and cash based transfers. WFP Lebanon also provides food assistance in the form of snack and fresh food to school aged students and their families. This support is designed to improve the students’ health and make them and their families more motivated to pursue the children’s right to education.
WFP Lebanon also supports vulnerable households in protecting and improving their livelihoods through trainings and rehabilitation of local infrastructures.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video: https://www.facebook.com/WorldFoodProgramme/videos/10154930622760178
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are seeking to fill the position of Programme Policy Officer for Social Protection to support the Emergency social safety nets (ESSN) implementation. The position will be based in Beirut Country Office, Lebanon.
The incumbent will report to Programme Policy Officer in the Social Protection Unit (SPU) in the WFP Lebanon Country Office, in charge of the ESSN, under the overall guidance of the Head of SPU.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer the Programme Policy Officer for Social Protection will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide project management support in the overall implementation of Emergency social safety nets (ESSN), specifically in areas related to targeting and selection of beneficiaries, provision of cash assistance and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM).
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to support effective implementation and monitoring of ongoing data collection activities for the ESSN.
- Consolidate, in collaboration with the Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping (VAM) unit, the quantitative and qualitative process monitoring data and monitoring reports, on a weekly/monthly basis, as required.
- Prepare, in collaboration with the VAM Team, a range of data analysis, reports and presentations on the ESSN that focuses on (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance, food security and market analysis situation) and highlight trends/issues.
- Prepare interim, mid-term, final and thematic reviews on the ESSN for external users as well as internal learning, strategic and operational decision-making.
- Coordinate with relevant units within WFP to ensure effective collaboration for timely and accurate delivery of corporate and donor report requirements on ESSN programmes and activities.
- Contribute to evidence-based decision-making on project design and implementation, notably through making review and report findings accessible, developing innovative, user-friendly and informative products.
- Supervise and provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral for analysis and queries.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Agriculture, International Affairs, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other related fields or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least five (5) years of work experience in the fields of data analysis, assessment, and/or research.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in data collection and analysis (required)
- Ability to undertake statistical analysis (required)
- Experience utilizing Access and SPSS or STATA (required)
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel (required)
- Experience in partnership management or grant proposal and budget review (desired)
- Experience in working with governmental entities in Lebanon (desired)
- Proficient computer knowledge and usage of MS software package, internet search and mapping software (desired)
- Effective communication skills for diverse audience of different ethnic groups and economic levels, and interagency partners (desired)
- Work experience with NGO or UN is a plus (desired)