Senior Digital Fundraising Officer, Global Digital
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
BACKGROUNDOver the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.The International Rescue Committee UK is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London.
The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through over 20 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
IRC-UKOur European headquarters, IRC-UK, were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender based violence. IRC-UK comprises approximately 120 staff. The IRC also has offices in Berlin, Bonn, Brussels, Geneva and Stockholm.
Purpose of the role
IRC is seeking a Senior Digital Fundraising Officer to join the Global Digital Engagement team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has some dedicated years experience working as a digital direct response specialist with a strong background of using audience insight to drive decision making and digital fundraising activity.In this role you will be responsible for managing and executing planned digital fundraising campaigns that engage and inspire new and existing audiences for the International Rescue Committee. Your focus will be digital fundraising activities across 20 priority remote markets across Europe, the Americas and Asia, as well as supporting Digital Fundraising colleagues in national markets. You will work closely with the wider Digital Engagement team to help achieve its targets in line with the team’s wider organisational and fundraising strategies. Through this work, you will play a key role in raising much needed donations and public awareness to support refugees in crisis-zones around the world.
Scope and Authority
In this role you will have authority to make spending decisions about how best to utilise IRC budget on Facebook Ad Manager and other paid media platforms to maximise return, and responsibility for suggesting, planning and delivering new and engaging ways to introduce prospects to the IRC brand.
Responsibility for Resources
This role has no line management or budget approval responsibility.
Key Working Relationships
- External Relations colleagues globally, particularly in New York, Stockholm and Berlin.
- Colleagues across comms, advocacy, IT on specific projects as needed.
- Liaise with creative agencies, partners and freelancers as needed.
Supporter Acquisition (35%)
- Plan, manage and implement paid acquisition campaigns across numerous international markets for movement building, lead generation, donor acquisition and engagement.
- Make recommendations for how to spend strategically and maximise return on paid media activities.
- Continually optimise paid acquisition campaigns across digital media platforms (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, etc).
- Work with the Deputy Director, Digital Engagement to plan and test new acquisition activities and channels.
- Implement, edit and test landing pages and other online donation functionality.
- Work with internal / external colleagues to support the creation of marketing assets that meet campaign needs, goals and specifications.
Supporter Retention and Engagement (35%)
- Plan and implement email marketing campaigns and journeys to engage and retain existing financial supporters, increase lifetime value across a range of donor segments and products, and safeguard donor income
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Digital Engagement (International) to plan and execute Supporter Journeys across all digital channels.
- Ensure supporters receive an excellent user experience, working collaboratively across the organisation.
- Support implementation of new fundraising products across digital and other channels (such as telemarketing).
- Support and implement new strategies for recurring donor management and retention.
Supporting wider Digital Engagement Team activity (20%)
- Support the Digital Engagement team in new pilots, programmes & optimization activity across the team.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the IRC network to assist in digital best practice sharing and implementation.
- Participate in Digital Engagement team meetings and events
- Support the organisation’s efforts to become more agile and thus supporting digital efforts
Reporting and analytics (10%)
- Provide regular real-time status reports on active campaigns and suggest optimisations to improve results.
- Working in partnership with colleagues in Data Analytics, provide in depth end of campaign analysis and ongoing reporting on income from new and existing supporters
- Support data gathering and manipulation for real-time campaign optimisation and high level reporting.
- Recommend and implement strategies to continually improve activity tracking, gift attribution and data quality.
- Keep up to date with the sector developments in acquisition fundraising to ensure IRC is at the forefront of fundraising
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current legislation, best practice and industry standards and adhere to all relevant regulations including the Fundraising Regulator and ICO. Ensure all fundraising and marketing is ethical, effective and supporter centric
- This post may involve some travel, overnight stays and very occasional working outside core office hours, e.g. during emergency appeal launches
- Undertake any other additional tasks as requested by the Director of Global Digital Engagement
- Demonstrable advanced experience of running complex Facebook, Google ads and paid search / SEM advertising campaigns at an equivalent level, including a solid understanding of how to set up and optimise campaigns to maximise results.
- Experience of running email marketing activity with the goal of increasing engagement and/or lifetime value.
- Experience of proposing plans and budgets for spending on paid media campaigns for best possible return.
- Maintain and develop a monitoring and reporting framework for Acquisition activity and associated KPIs that show the performance of the Acquisition strategy
- Experience working in a team towards digital fundraising or marketing goals.
- Experience using varied and complex online tools and platforms for digital marketing and data analysis.
- Experience using a CRM system (such as Salesforce or similar) to run reports or analysis on fundraising/marketing campaigns.
- Experience and understanding of creative process and relationship with brand identity through different channels and audiences
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent IT skills including digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Business Ad Manager, AdWords
- Excellent numeracy with proven ability to quickly analyse, interpret and act on complex data sets and digital fundraising results.
- Good understanding of paid search / display advertising
- Understanding, of at least basic level, of how to design, set up and send HTML and CSS based emails and/or landing pages.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage a complex, varied workload
- Able to understand and demonstrate commitment to IRC’s Equal Opportunities Policy and to ensure all activities are consistent with Equal Opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written English and the ability to produce well designed and high quality proposals and reports.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
Language Skills: English (fluent). No additional languages are necessary but German or Swedish would be an advantage.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications is the 24th September 2021.
IRC-UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC-UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role. Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.