Operations Manager, Afghan Placement and Assistance
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. For over 25 years our Phoenix office has provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management. Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
The Operations Manager (OM) is to establish a well-functioning and compliant operational environment. The OM is responsible for the direct oversight and coordination of Safety & Security (S&S), Supply Chain (SC), Facilities Management and Information Technology (IT) in the offices of Phoenix and Tucson.
The OM reports to the Executive Director (ED) and supervises the IT and Administrative Coordinator, Logistics Specialist and Interpreter Services Supervisor. The OM will work closely with the Administrative Manager and will serve as the primary focal point for the HQ based RAI Director of Business Operations, and the main liaison for the Supply Chain Advisor (SCA), Regional S&S Director (RSSD), Regional IT Director (RITD) and Global Facilities Director (GFD).
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) the OM will communicate regularly about all issues of concern in a proactive manner and will contribute to broad office-wide conversations and initiatives. as a member of the senior management team. The OM will comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
Safety & Security—S&S:
- Serve as the office primary focal point for day-to-day S&S matters.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all office S&S documentation.
- Organize all-staff S&S meetings at office or program site.
- Organize a minimum of one emergency evacuation exercise at office or program site level per year and other appropriate trainings informed by Security Risk Assessment findings.
- Cascade HQ and/or office security warnings and advisories to staff, interns, and volunteers as needed.
- Report all S&S incidents involving covered persons in accordance with established protocols.
- Coordinate immediate incident management including filing police reports.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other S&S actors or stakeholders, including but not limited to community organizations and partners, authorities, security and rescue services, and property owners.
- Assist in the development of office-specific S&S onboarding materials, ensuring the provision of S&S briefings to new staff and covered persons.
- Serve as the office’s primary focal point for procurement, asset and inventory management, in-kind donations tracking and reporting, vehicle fleet management and transportation, and warehousing in accordance with established organizational and donor requirements.
- Lead the bidding process, including request for quotation process, request for proposal process, tender evaluation, and facilitating procurement committee functioning.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date supplier and service provider records. Maintain asset register and inventory lists of purchased and donated items. Establish and manage inventory control for office supplies, stationery, and other consumables. In collaboration with the Finance Manager, ensure inventories reconcile with financial reports.
- Support program teams in meeting their match goals.
- Ensure policy compliance for the fleet of IRC-owned vehicles and oversee their maintenance and usage.
- Manage office and equipment leases, coordinate repairs and improvements with property managers, and lead the procurement of office equipment.
- Coordinate the allocation of workspaces and support related employee lifecycle needs such as building access.
- Support smooth functioning of office infrastructure including communications equipment and services.
- Assist with planning and coordinating office events and meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating on- and off-site storage needs.
- Serve as the office’s primary focal point for IT and communications infrastructure, hardware and software matters.
- Educate staff about IT support resources, including appropriate channels for incident reporting.
- Work with regional and HQ IT team to address any internet or telecommunications service disruptions, liaising with local internet and telecommunications service providers.
- Escalate any unresolved incidents or larger-scale IT projects (such as office moves or expansion) as needed.
- Ensure compliance with IT protocols, policies, and procedures including information security policy, IT procurement and asset management policy, acceptable use of IT resources policy, and new software procurement protocols.
- Provide direct supervision for IRC Phoenix’s Interpreter Services Program
- Undergraduate degree in business, non-profit management, public administration, or others related field preferred
- At least five years of related professional experience; preferably with refugee services and in a non-profit or social service environment
- Experience supervising staff preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with deadlines and lead multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Knowledge of state and federal donor compliance regulations is a strong plus
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation