Senior Technical Advisor – UN Partnerships
South Africa (South Africa)
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Senior Technical Advisor – UN Partnerships, you will responsible for supporting World Vision’s efforts to secure partnerships and grow quality funding from United Nations agencies including UNHCR and UNICEF amongst others. You will engage with UN agencies and peer organizations at the global level to build relationships, gather intelligence, influence multilateral funding, and position World Vision as a partner of choice. You will be responsible for supporting Field Offices, Support Offices, and Global Center teams in growing UN partnerships through sharing intelligence, capacity building, improving internal processes, and application of standards and regulations.
- A post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, Economic, Business Administration and or experience in desk research and analysis, and project management.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in an NGO in the field of grants and contractual management.
- In-depth knowledge of project design and proposal writing.
- Prior experience and knowledge of working with the UN donor funding for humanitarian programming.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders including technical advisors to design humanitarian programmes and projects.
- Understanding of different UN donors’ procedures, technical approaches, thematic priorities, and funding technicalities.
Fluency in English is essential.
As and when required, the Senior Advisor can be deployed in a National Office to support in the development of UN projects.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date of 22 SEPT, 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.