Chief of Party, Ethiopia Public Health Emergency Management
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
World Vision Ethiopia is currently accepting applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Health Project in Ethiopia. The purpose of the anticipated Public Health Emergency Management (PHEM) activity is to strengthen public health emergency management to mitigate the impact of disasters on the health system and primary care and, strengthen the capacity of Ethiopia’s institutions and communities to effectively manage disaster risks.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $10-25M range. The solicitation is expected to be released in September 2021 and awarded in May 2022.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Chief of Party, you will be accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and for delivering results. You should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Project and budget management
- Collaboration with Associations and Organizations and Capacity Building
- Grant Compliance
- People Management
- Communication and Capacity Building
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience on donor-funded programs. Previous experience with management of USAID-funded programs is required.
- At least 5 years managing large education projects.
- Previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience in 2 or more of the following specializations: public health, emergency health, disaster preparedness and management, resilience, adaptive management, community health, health system strengthening, institutional capacity building and/or related field in Ethiopia.
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
English language required.
Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time, when safe to do so.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date of 22 SEPT, 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.