UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
A significant proportion of Libya’s population do not have access to good quality healthcare, most especially those who live in rural areas. In an attempt to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus, authorities have been forced to impose strict movement restrictions on their constituents. This has prevented people from traveling to clinics, hospitals, and healthcare centers (mostly located in urban areas) in search of suitable healthcare facilities. As part of a coordinated effort to facilitate improved access to healthcare for all people in Libya, and as a successful example of a private-public partnership, The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with support from the Government of Japan, has partnered with a private sector startup company (Speetar) and the Ministry of Health to develop the first Telemedicine initiative in Libya. Telemedicine involves an innovative use of telecommunications technology in the provision of healthcare services to vulnerable populations, especially those who live in hard to reach areas that are far from the healthcare provider. UNDP Libya seeks to hire a Communication Specialist to implement the communication strategy that will boost the visibility of Speetar so that more and more people download the App and benefit from online health services. The Communication strategy includes a range of communications products and activities targeting different audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Ensures the implementation of each activity included in the communication strategy, including hiring external services, budget reporting, monitoring and evaluation. Some of the activities included in the communication strategy include the creation, design and placement of radio and television features, op-eds, human interest stories, social media posts, videos, photos, blogs, street banners, etc. Manages the writing, development, design, production and dissemination of diverse publications and news releases through a variety of media, including print, broadcast and social. Oversees the content development, expansion and continual assessment of the quality and relevance of web-based information services. Promotes optimum visibility of Speetar activities through effective media relations, and placement and distribution of information material. Analyze the long-term needs of Speetar's social media strategy and offer monthly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the marketing plan. Oversee Affiliate marketing program: Monitor affiliate activity, analyze performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend ways to increase affiliate performance. Proactively monitor traffic sources to determine which affiliates should be prioritized and focused on. Present reports for relevant program metrics such as number of affiliate partners recruited, conversion rates, number of conversions generated per affiliate, etc. Collaborate with team members to optimize marketing automation and lead-nurturing processes through email, content, events, and social channels Assist in execution of marketing plans to reach target audience through identified channels Create, maintain, and distribute monthly marketing reports showing achievement of critical metrics regarding lead generation, content creation, website traffic, and other KPIs Collaborates closely with Speetar and UNDP colleagues and facilitates knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Required skills and competencies
- Proficient in technology including applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Web Content Management Software and Social Media. Also proficient with Adobe Photoshop and/ or other photo/ video editing software. Familiarity with the following communication and task management applications: Google Sheets, Forms, Documents, Slides, Slack, Jira
- Demonstrates winning Social Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Development, Political or Social sciences; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area, combined with a vocation diploma in a related discipline.
- Specific training on social media, digital marketing, or online and digital communication will be an asset.
Min. years of relevant Work experience:
- Four years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, with a focus on healthcare and health services, preferably in a development context.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Fully proficient in written and spoken Arabic and English (fluent).
- Additional qualifications in communications such as certifications is an asset
- May need to travel to different locations in Libya
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.