Director Of International Campaigns
Hanoi (Vietnam) | Jakarta | Bangkok | Manila | Ho Chi Minh City
- Pivotal campaigns leadership role with international climate action organisation
- Competitive local salary, generous benefits; help shape and grow a new start-up
- Home-based, flexible conditions; Asia location, local work rights required
Climate Catalyst is a new international venture established to make a distinct and important contribution to tackling climate change - the greatest challenge facing humanity. Our focus is on shifting government policies, in specific sectors and countries. As a catalyst for change we engage with civil society, private sector interests and other stakeholders to identify what is needed to accelerate policy change and build effective campaign strategies. Climate Catalyst aims to deliver wider and lasting benefits to the climate struggle, by enhancing learning on how we achieve our shared goals and expanding the community of organisations working to secure change.
Climate Catalyst is strongly committed to Asia as a priority region for our work. We want our staff team to have strong personal experience and understanding of the context in different countries in Asia, and are therefore specifically seeking a campaign director from and based in Asia.
Climate Catalyst is currently housed by fiscal sponsor Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible Asia location (legally eligible work rights required)
- Key leadership position in pioneering start-up organisation
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
Reporting to the Chief Architect, the Director of International Campaigns is responsible for identifying the core issues of focus for Climate Catalyst and for leading and executing highly creative and impactful campaign strategies. You will design, recruit and manage a diverse and world-class international team to achieve Climate Catalyst’s ambitious vision and you will play a key role in shaping the organisation itself. Specifically you will:
- Lead development and implementation of campaign strategy and campaigning
- Collaborate with coalitions of like-minded organisations to achieve shared goals
- Build senior level relationships with diverse stakeholders to influence climate policy
- Work with the Chief Architect and executives to design and grow the organisation
You will be an inclusive and ambitious campaigns leader who can demonstrate significant success designing and leading highly impactful national and international campaigns and campaign teams. You have a strong understanding of climate change politics and deep experience convening diverse coalitions to achieve campaign objectives. You have built strong relationships with campaigners, business leaders, think tanks, and other organisations and individuals with the capacity to influence climate policy.
Additionally you will have:
- Strong people-management skills, self-awareness and ability to delegate
- High ambition and low ego
- Demonstrated success managing complex and diverse international projects
- Commitment to the organisations core values of courage, collaboration, diversity and learning
- Ability to travel internationally, should this be necessary and possible
- Excellent communication skills and high level of fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in a second language, other than English, and extensive global climate community networks will be a strong advantage
You must have local working rights for the Asia location in which you will be based, visa sponsorship is not provided.
Salary will be negotiated on the basis of market rates in your location. An indicative range for Bangkok is THB1.94-3.10 million.
If you want to help grow and shape this exciting new organisation committed to addressing climate change and you can demonstrate the required skills, then please apply please apply by submitting your cover letter, responding to the skills required above, and your resume in MS Word format quoting # 778422.
Due to the large volume of applications we are currently receiving, please raise any questions in your cover and we will respond to relevant applicants.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.