Research Analyst Urbanisation
Post - Research Analyst, Urbanisation
About Patrika Foundation
Patrika Foundation is a division of Patrika group with a vision to deepen democracy, empower & engage the citizens.
S/ He should possess-
The foundation is looking for highly passionate and competent individual for the post of research analyst for its urbanization vertical. The individual should possess-
· Passion to transform our cities over the long term and will to extend their efforts on the same through a systems approach.
· Professional and academic background in the field of urbanization/urban policy/ urban management/urban planning/public policy or related domains.
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills.
· Proficient in written and verbal communication skills (English and Hindi).
· Background in urban planning would be an added advantage.
· Ability to simplify complex research papers, craft strong narratives for easy public consumption.
What s/he will do
· Undertake landscape studies on topics of relevance for systemic urban reforms in India& create roadmaps for implementation.
· Create surveys on issues of public concern in order to have an ear on the ground for bottom up reforms, track contemporary developments in the space of urbanisation.
· Create and maintain a database of target stakeholdersranging from academic organizations, civil society, politicians, bureaucrats, donors, etc and explore opportunities for synergies. ( Privacy to be adhered to while collecting database of the target stakeholders )
· Organise meetings, workshops and capacity building sessions for relevant stakeholders.
· Write research papers and opinion pieces on contemporary and emerging issues concerning urban India.
What Patrika Foundation has to offer?
Patrika Foundation offers a unique opportunity to work at the confluence of public policy, civil society and media. You will be part of multi-disciplinary team of professionals and passionate individuals driven for change. Not only will your experience be intellectually stimulating but through the huge network of Patrika Group you will develop a firm grip on understanding ground realities and gauging pulse of the public. This opportunity will help you to explore effective ways of change on the demand side of development sector. Patrika foundation will give you a startup like experience as you will be part of the founding team but at the same time you will be under the guidance and support of a 66 year old Patrika group, which enjoys great credibility among the public.
If you think your passion and skills match the above mentioned requirements kindly email your CV, profile (mentioning your journey & motivation), cover letter and recent writing sample