Programme Assistant (CBT Field Coordination, School Feeding and Nutrition) SC5, Deir Ezzor - RE-ADV
syrian arab republic
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 20 September 2021.
CONTRACT AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC5)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Deir Ezzor Field Office
Number of required employees: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
Completion of tasks related to the implementation of WFP’s operations regarding a specific range of activities under the School Feeding & Nutrition Programme in addition to supervising the implementation of CBT modality.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under School Feeding and Nutrition:
1. Coordinate with Cooperating partners /Government counter parts for implementation of nutrition and school feeding program activities.
2. Assist in organizing and conducting trainings in Nutrition and School feeding for Cooperating Partners and Governmental Counterparts.
3. Assist in preparation of governorate-wise, partner-wise, monthly and quarterly allocation plans, projections for food commodities and non-food items.
4. Support Commodity Management and Tracking in coordination with logistics and partners to ensure timely food dispatches to EDPs/FDPs & schools.
5. Assist with timely submission of reconciled, monthly distribution reports (along with invoices where necessary).
6. Assist in updating and maintenance of Programme data on monthly bases for various reports. (Reports may be needed on weekly or on ad-hoc basis)
7. Coordinate with M&E for monitoring updates and feedback.
8. Undertake monitoring visits and follow up of issues in field and coordinate with HOSO + CO to support resolution.
9. Assist in conducting coordination meetings, Programme review meetings.
10.Provide support in development of IEC material and reporting formats, briefs and presentations.
11.Provide support in organizing Programme planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions
12.Perform other related duties or assignments as required and delegated by the supervisor.
13.Perform other duties as required.
Under CBT Field Coordination:
1. Participate in the planning and management of the beneficiary data collection.
2. Support and monitor the beneficiary data collection process, to be carried out by the CPs in coordination with the activities focal point.
3. Carry out data cleansing, extraction, analysis and uploading of the beneficiaries in SCOPE in coordination with the activities focal point.
4. Manage all data related to beneficiaries and distribution at FO level.
5. Extract and provide data to the concerned focal points and CPs.
6. Coordinate with the technical team in CO for any SCOPE technical issues.
7. Ensure provision of needed equipment for CPs and retailers.
8. Organize printing of the beneficiary cards at FO and CO level and deliver the cards to CPs.
9. Follow up on any system related issues with cooperating partners and retailers.
10.Provide technical support and training to partners and retailers.
11.Support the preparation of plans for new CPs and in coordination with CO and HoFO.
12.Prepare and send comprehensive reports to CO and activity focal point.
13.Perform other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of relevant working experience.
Language: Fluency in written and oral communication in Arabic and in English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- One year experience in a field or operations context.
- MS package.
- Coordination experience with different stakeholders.
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Experience in humanitarian sector including education or health relevant to programme implementation or policy would be an advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Internal candidates: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=148504&company=C0000168410P
External candidates: https://router.job-listing.wfp.org/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=148504&company=C0000168410P
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.