e-Logistics Management Information System Associate
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
As a trusted, long-term partner of The Global Fund (GF), UNDP’s value proposition lies in providing an integrated package of development solutions to strengthen institutions to deliver health services. Through its contributions as interim Principal Recipient (PR) and provider of technical assistance in over 53 countries since 2003, UNDP’s provision of integrated policy, implementation and capacity development support to countries has yielded significant health and development results in challenging operating environments. Proactive risk management and investing in sustainability are the cornerstones of UNDP’s portfolio management approach and providing technical assistance to national counterparts during all phases of implementation, strengthening legislation, policies and regulatory frameworks, and building capacities across key functional areas, including financial management, health information systems, procurement and supply chain management.
As the interim Principal Recipient for the Sudan GF programmes to be implemented from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2023, UNDP is responsible for the financial and programmatic management and the procurement of health products for the Global Fund HIV,TB and Malaria grants to Sudan (the ‘Grants’) in coordination with the Federal Ministry of Health, national and technical partners for the achievement of programme results and the effective use of grant resources.
In order to provide strategic planning, programmatic and operational management and oversight to the GF portfolio to achieve the defined programme goals, targets and effective delivery, a dedicated Project Management Unit (PMU) has been established. Under the overall supervision of Procurement and Supply Management Specialist, the e-Logistics Management Information System Associate be responsible for working with the FMOH, NMSF and supply chain partners to strengthern the national supply chain management systems, particularly focusing on creating a functional and fully operational e-LMIS.
The e-Logistics Management Information System Associate will be responsible for building strategic partnerships, providing policy and strategic technical guidance and engaging with partners to strengthen national systems and health institutions in the context of e-Logistics Management Information Systems
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures sustainable supply chain management system strengthening activities, particularly focusing on creating functional and fully operational electronic logistic management information system, and capacity building and facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
- Planning, Design and Implementation of the Electronic Logistic Management Information System (eLMIS)
- Support the data management of Global Fund products Supply Chain through the Warehouse management system (WMS) at NMSF and the Electronic Logistic Management Information System, eLMIS in the supply chain.
- Ensures timely preparation, analysis and submission of required reports to FMOH, NMSF, UNDP,
- Supports the creation of partnerships and ensure harmonization of SCM interventions
- Knowledge Management
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement and Supply Management Specialist, the e-Logistics Management Information System Associate will be responsible for working with the FMOH, NMSF and supply chain partners to strengthern the national supply chain management systems, particularly focusing on creating a functional and fully operational e-LMIS. This will be done in accordance with UNDP rules, policies and procedures, GF grant agreements and corporate agreements with the GF, working in close coordination with national stakeholders, implementing partners, the GF (including Local Fund Agent), technical partners, UN entities, the GF/HIST and other UNDP units and programmes. The e-Logistics Management Information System Associate will promote a collaborative, client-oriented approach, ensuring integration across functional areas within the PMU and support to the integration of capacity building activities.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Research best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work.
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learnin
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
- Prepares timely inputs to reports.
- Maintains databases.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in Logistics Management Information System. University Degree or equivalent would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years with Secondary Education or 4 years with bachelor’s degree of relevant professional experience, which includes supply chain management and Logistics Management Information System
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English. Ability to communicate in at least one national language.
Other required skills:
- Knowledge and experience in working with the Ministry of Health or National Medical Supply in the area of supply chain and the Logistics Management Information System is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing effective partnerships in the area of supply chain management of health products
- Sound knowledge of Supply Chain data Management of pharmaceuticals and evalution.
Desired additional skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in use of statistical packages for Logistics Management Information System