Enterprise Platform Architect
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
Enterprise Platform Architect in the Applications Technical Capabilities Section, Application Services Division, Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services.
The Enterprise Platform Architect, who will report to the Head of the Applications Technical Capabilities Section, will be responsible for the strategy, design, implementation, maintenance, and governance of Corporate Information Systems developments.
- Management and assurance of vendors and third-party delivery partners to ensure conformance with standards, processes and procedures;
- Being point of contact for ESA partners for applications support and development processes;
- Providing direction, and implementing a strategic vision across practices for release management;
- Building and maintaining a robust release and service transition plan for the ESAIT Enterprise Platform comprising technologies such as SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Integration Platforms and PLM systems;
- SAP landscape optimisation strategy as SAP Basis technical lead for S/4 HANA Transformation;
- Serving as system domain specialist and focal point for architectural planning and frameworks, including capacity tuning and performance management;
- Managing and controlling technical landscape connectivity and environments for all projects and business as usual;
- Establishing a best practice development delivery framework with reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards, and tools to be used across platforms;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with ESAIT Security policies;
- Applying deep integration expertise with broad experience in SAP integrations including CPI and PI/PO;
- Providing expertise in Enterprise Application Integration including integration patterns, messaging and queuing technologies, API lifecycle management and stream processing;
- Providing support for Major Incident Management and ensuring timely resolution of Major Incidents with functional best practices;
- Awareness of diﬀerent development methodologies, Agile delivery, DevOps;
Being an active coach and mentor to support team development, wellbeing, the breaking down of silos and inﬂuencing;
Engaging in long-term IT roadmap development;
Providing expert support for technology-related aspects, as required;
Performing any other activities, as appropriate, to deal with emergent needs in the IT Department.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree.
Applicants must have significant professional experience in a similar technical role. One or more of the following will be an asset:
- Experience with Dynamics 365 and/or Product Lifecycle Management technologies
- Data modelling and database design experience
- Prior experience with designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with messaging, integration and stream processing technologies, such as Kafka, ActiveMQ and API Gateways
- Knowledge of .NET, ASP, XML, JSON, SQL, ProtoBuf and/or PowerShell.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. (https://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf)
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.