Field Program Manager, Armenia
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, and in close collaboration with the EECA team at the IDLO HQ, the Field Program Manager engages with internal and external functions in order to manage the IDLO programs including developing the design and management of the complete work and staffing plan, budget.
The Field Program manager may represent IDLO with Partners, IDLO HQ staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, donors, and civil society.
Summary of Functions:
- Manage day to day program implementation;
- Ensure program compliance with donor contract as well as quality standards.
- Oversee Program Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
- Program Development and Program Representation.
- Lead team, ensuring effective, efficient, results-based, and timely delivery of activities and results.
Key results expected:
1. Manage day to day program implementation and issues, including work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, and ensure that all phases of the project are consistent with the project design and delivery schedule;
- Monitor revisions to project design and work plans; make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the IDLO HQ Finance Department and HQ program counterpart in order to build accurate financial forecasts, including reviewing financial reports and identifying areas of over-or under-spending, and flagging any urgent budgetary issues
- Oversee the timely identification and screening of program contractors and employees as well as the processing of contracts.
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of financial and narrative reports; highlighting the value and impact the program/activity brings.
2. Ensure program compliance with donor contract as well as quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with program contracts and subcontracts;
- In consultation with the Office of the General Counsel, review, draft and advise on contracts, agreements, and other legal documents;
- Conduct research on legal, political, social, and economic events, trends, and/or developments relating to the program; respond to internal and external requests for such research;
- Design, research, draft, and edit legal working papers, memos, briefs, and other original materials in the field experience, and utilize these materials for the development of relevant outputs;
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts.
3. Oversee Program Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
- Collaborate with the Evaluation team and liaise closely with the relevant Program units on the evaluation of programs;
- Identify and report difficulties or possible changes in the program strategy, objectives, results or activities, and make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Identify project and team successes and lead documentation for internal and external information sharing.
4. Program Development and Program Representation.
- Represent IDLO in program events, and under the guidance of the supervisor, build relationships with donors, UN agencies, government institutions; CSO's and other stakeholders in the rule of law field, through meeting and the preparation of reports and briefs;
- In coordination with the supervisor, generate ideas and identify new program opportunities; provide substantive input in the development of proposals or concept notes aimed at innovatively expanding IDLO’s program portfolio in line with country/regional/organizational strategies;
- Responsible for the design of implementation plans by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, monitoring reports, and others.
5. Lead team, ensuring effective, efficient, results-based, and timely delivery of activities and results;
- Effectively lead the team by providing clear direction, addressing development, and performance management through ongoing dialogue, and mentoring; fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work experience:
- Advanced university degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience ideally within an international organization.
- Professional experience in capacity development and Rule of Law Programming would be an asset;
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Russian is required.
- Fluency in Armenian would be an advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills, and behavioral competencies:
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information contributes, encourages, and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Acts as a role model and offers guidance to colleagues. Takes initiative to share knowledge, experiences, and information with others. Accepts and gives constructive feedback (up, down, and across) to develop and motivate others.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the region, if necessary.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally professional recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of USD 84,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical and mission insurance, leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: September 21, 2021 (23:59hrs, Rome Time).