Monitoring and Reporting Associate, Armenia
Under the direct supervision of the Field Program Manager, and under the general supervision of the IDLO Armenia Country Manager, the Monitoring and Reporting Officer engages with internal and external counterparts to ensure timely and effective performance monitoring and reporting on IDLO-led activities, as well as on partner-led initiatives of direct relevance to the IDLO organizational mandate in-country.
Project monitoring is an integral part of the project cycle and a prerequisite for successful results-based management. By periodically assessing the extent of the overall project progress (at the input, output, and outcome level), it generates important information on the project's advancement and allows for necessary adjustments. It also generates important data for a higher level of appraisals as, inter alia, mid-term reviews and (impact) evaluations assessing project results at the outcome level by measuring to what degree the expected projects’ objectives have been achieved.
Under the supervision of the Field Program Manager, the Monitoring and Reporting Officer will perform the following duties:
- Assist in pre-intervention assessment exercises to establish baselines and targets, as well as other relevant data to inform the program strategy;
- Support the Country Manager (Armenia) and the Program Lead (HQ) in designing/revising the Program M&E Framework including Theory of Change, logical model, logical framework, key performance indicators, M&E matrix, risk-management plan, and data collection tools;
- Lead in the implementation of the IDLO standard internal monitoring procedures, generate periodic monitoring reports with proposals of strategies for addressing identified challenges relating to the Program implementation;
- Consult the Program staff on the Program’s M&E Framework;
- Regularly review progress, and liaise with the Program Team to identify necessary programmatic changes to enhance program effectiveness;
- Provide rapid response to requests for M&E-related data and information from IDLO, donors, or partners;
- Support to the Program Team in planning, implementation, and work-planning;
- Assess technical, budgetary and personnel needs for IDLO to be able to deliver on its commitments; and
- Carry out any other duties within the overall function and level of responsibility of the post.
- With technical inputs from the team, lead the drafting of quarterly program reports, Notes to File (NtF), and regular activity updates – for internal and external audiences.
- Support the Country Manager in the drafting of bi-weekly Programs reports to the Director-General, and other internal communication, as requested by the IDLO HQ.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Work Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy, or other relevant social sciences.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience ideally within an international organization.
- Professional experience in capacity development and Rule of Law Programming would be an asset;
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Armenian is required.
- Fluency in Russian would be an advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information contributes, encourages, and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Acts as a role model and offers guidance to colleagues. Takes initiative to share knowledge, experiences, and information with others. Accepts and gives constructive feedback (up, down, and across) to develop and motivate others.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the region, if necessary.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary of USD 23,760 medical insurance and leave entitlements including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 31 September 2021 (23:59hrs Rome Time).