Vacancy in the Director General's Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified B2-B4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
Administrative Assistant in the Cabinet of the Director General, Director General’s Services.
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of the Director General Cabinet (DG-O), you will be responsible for providing direct clerical and administrative support, and in particular:
- providing direct secretarial support to DG-O (managing the Head of Cabinet’s emails, calendar, travel arrangements and MAS, internal and external correspondence establishing and maintaining records and files, handling phone calls);
- assisting with the organisation and follow-up of DG-O managed meetings and seminars, such as A6 meetings and other ESA-wide ad hoc DG-O meetings;
- collecting documents, files, general and background information and briefing notes for these meetings and seminars, and ensuring the necessary follow-up actions;
- updating and maintaining the DG-O contact database;
- coordinating the DG-O secretariat and other administrative support across the Cabinet’s Offices;
- liaising with the Director General’s secretariat;
- liaising with the Business Unit Controller to monitor the DG-O budget and mission expenditures and support procurement actions;
- fulfilling other tasks on an ad hoc basis as directed by DG-O within the post’s area of responsibility.
You should have Secondary school education followed by vocational education in administrative and/or secretarial skills.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required.
Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 20 September 2021.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States.
In accordance with the European Space Agency's security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.