Supply Chain Manager (National Position)
Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health,
safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by
conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC
is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive,
reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC
has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to
displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
TheSupply Chain Manager works to provide efficient management of supply chain services and provide supervision support to supply chain team to ensure their capacity and ensure donor compliance in the procurement of goods, warehouse, inventory, vehicle and assets services for IRC. The Supply Chain Manager will coordinate with all program staff in Chat Pa Wai, Sangklaburi, including Finance Department
- Provide supervision support to Supply Chain Team in Chat Pa Wai and ensure their capacity in the area of procurement, warehousing, fleet management and asset management to fulfill the IRC operational needs and program implementation.
- Ensure appropriate running of supply chain activities in accordance with the IRC Standard Operating Procedure and the doners guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate coordination with program staffs and other departments including Bangkok and other field offices.
- Ensure the Supply Chain Record Management and the compliance.
- Raise with Field Coordinator or Supply Chain Team in Bangkok for problem solving activities.
- Participate and contribute to weekly meeting with Health Program team
- Facilitate the procurement plan activity to clarify requirements, share update progress, identify suitable procurement method, and follow up for effective procurement activities.
- Support procurement activities, RFQ and RFP processes, preparation of agreements, and ensure the documentation process in accordance with the IRC guidelines.
- Ensure the supplier evaluation and the agreement renewal in time
Warehouse & Inventory
- Ensure appropriate warehouse set-up with suitable warehousing capacity and implementation of warehouse system in accordance with the IRC guidelines.
- Ensure all warehouse operations with appropriate control and compliance.
- Conduct inventory spot checks at all the responsible warehouse locations
- Ensure effective transportation solutions to support the smooth warehouse operation and program efficiency. Participate the inventory counts activities and ensure the stock accuracy at all the responsible warehouses locations.
- Supervise team of drivers to provide driving support in Chat Pa Wai and Sangkhaburi.
- Ensure proper set-up and optimal utilization of IRC vehicles, appropriate driving service arrangement and provide solutions for Fleet issues.
- Ensure daily checks, regular maintenance and repair.
- Ensure implementation of log-book system for the fuel consumption record, maintenance record and capture them on the monthly report.
- Ensure vehicle condition, driving capacity and awareness of drivers for the road safety.
- Carry out the driving test and propose for the authorization to drive.
Asset and Property Management
- Perform Asset registration and Asset movements record.
- Ensure maintenance and repairing of assets.
- Lead asset count in the event of financial year end and each grant-end.
- Support disposal management of assets and properties.
- Provide SCMR Report on the supply chain activities in IRC Chat Pa Wai and Sangkhlaburi offices and submit to SC Bangkok on monthly basis.
- Provide asset and inventory report on the grant-end and in accordance with the donor requirements.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Report to: Field Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Supply chain officer, warehouse officer, senior driver and drivers
Indirect Reporting: Senior Supply Chain Manager, Bangkok
external contacts: Vendor-Supplier, Agent, Landlord
Internal: IRC staff