e-Commerce Specialist (ReAdvertised)
Parent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Apia
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30/09/2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
In the framework of the MPTF for COVID-19 Response funded project “Inclusive Economic Recovery through Sustainable Enterprises in the Informal Economies of Fiji, Palau, Tonga and Vanuatu”, UNESCO is supporting the cultural and creative industries as a part of the informal economy in Fiji, Vanuatu, Tonga and Palau. The project addresses unemployment and aims to support sustainable enterprises in the informal sub-sectors following the impact of COVID-19. The local informal creative industries, mostly operating as micro home-based enterprises, have been particularly affected by the contraction of the tourism sector in these countries. The project will aim to strengthen the cultural industries, and capitalize on local creative talent through specialized skills transfer, market linkages, and by addressing pre-existing challenges in the structure and mechanisms of the informal economy.
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO for the Pacific States, and the direct supervision of the UNESCO Culture Programme Specialist in Apia, the contractor will contribute to harnessing existing digital markets and creating linkages for e-commerce of cultural and creative products and services from Fiji, Vanuatu, Palau and Tonga. To this end the consultant will:
- Carry out an assessment of existing e-platforms for services and products that are suitable for the creatives engaged under this project and -produce a report with an analysis of opportunities and challenges linked to each option including costs and benefits. The report is expected to offer recommendations tailor-made for the creatives engaged under this project. The assessment will consider the most relevant and feasible online market options and digital tools to manage the business for creative products and services from the Pacific, taking into account the shipment and payment modalities. The following:
- The use of existing retailer and wholesale platforms, the terms and conditions for use, cost of membership and maintenance, shipment and payments;
- The use of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest etc. the terms and conditions for use, cost of membership, shipment and payments;
- participation in virtual trade shows, including the terms and conditions for participation and associated costs;
- Creating links to online museum and gallery gift shops, shipment requirements and payment options.
2. Provide a targeted training to creative entrepreneurs on online marketing strategies related to the use of e-commerce platforms, in particular provide guidance on:Long Description
i) Creating capturing “provenance stories”;
ii) Shipment requirements and processes including packaging and biosecurity;
iii) Payment options, relevant and feasible solutions for creatives in the Pacific.
3. Identify existing and further build collaboration with regional and international museums and galleries to promote Pacific creative entrepreneurs.
4. Provide advice on piloting a selection of products and services on e-commerce platforms in collaboration with the master trainers, apprentices and relevant national coordinators.Long Description
- A report assessing the most suitable platforms available for Pacific creatives, analyzing the challenges and opportunities presented by each e-commerce option, and provide tailored recommendations;
- A workshop and training schedule assisting creatives to navigate selected platforms and apply marketing strategies;
- Established collaboration with at least one regional or international museum or gallery;
- Support the inclusion of a selection of at least 8 products on online e-commerce platforms;
- Final narrative report.
- Higher education (BA, MA, MSc or PhD) in marketing or relevant field;
- Knowledgeable of the e-Commerce space that includes marketing strategies, product development, competitive strategies, consumer research, industry trends and usability best practices;
- Knowledge of various platforms and online sales strategies and can be used to conduct digital sales or website conversions for products and services of the cultural and creative sector;
- Experience working in customer service, marketing, online retail and other relevant field;
- Strong inter-personal skills, especially oral and written communication skill, and excellent command of written and spoken English.
The incumbent is not required to work in Samoa to apply for this opportunity.
Please submit your application with your written proposal by 30 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the following reference: E-Commerce Consultancy.
Your proposal should include the following elements:
(a) an up-to-date curriculum vitae;
(b) a statement indicating how your qualifications and experience make you suitable for the assignment;
(c) an indication of the approach you would adopt to carry out the assignment, including any written materials demonstrating technical support provided to similar assignments (desirable);
(d) the overall cost of the assignment, expressed as an overall lump-sum;
(e) a list of references.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.