Supply Chain Manager
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, has been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI, and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened the main office in Cox’s Bazar and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Responsible for the effective implementation of logistics/procurement systems and functions within Bangladesh country operations with a focus on compliance to the Operations Handbook. Support logistics/procurement staff and functions including implementation of DRC Dynamics. The role expected to contribute to strengthen the overall supply chain functions. This position will also ensure implementation of audit recommendation related to logistics and procurement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the supply chain team (procurement, warehouse & inventory, fleet and asset) including people planning, performance, well-being and development.
- Ensure the procurement are fully compliant as per the DRC Operations Handbook and donor’s requirement.
- Review ITB (National and International) documentation before advertising or inviting suppliers including coordination with regional office and/or headquarter.
- Provide oversight and support in ITB management (TOC report, technical analysis and contract award).
- Lead establishing purchasing agreements for the key program items and routinely procured other administration items.
- Organize procurement trainings for program staff and small-scale refresher training for procurement staff.
- Ensure implementation of the audit recommendations related to the supply chain.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook.
- Coordinate with program and perform right sizing of fleet exercise.
- Ensure an effective fleet management practice in DRC especially for the service contract vehicles.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook on asset management.
- Provide monthly comprehensive country reports on Inventory/Assets to SMT.
- Provide guidance in disposal methods for unused or expired Asset with prior Donor/DRC Country director approval.
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook on inventory and warehouse management.
- Organize training for program staff and warehouse staff on stock ownership, stock management, release and accountability of stock return etc.
- Provide monthly comprehensive country report on warehouse inventory to SMT (list and stock value in hand).
- Provide guidance in disposal methods for unused or expired commodities with prior donor/DRC Country Director approval
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure proper application of DRC Dynamics supply chain processes (mainly P2P and Asset Management) in the operations.
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP supply chain system to improve supply chain performance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian logistics management within the field of Supply Chain Management, Fleet Management, Asset Management, and Distribution Support
- At least 3 years' experience with people management
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel, as well as experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Full professional proficiency in English
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Master’s Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business administration or related field.
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics is preferred.
- Fluent in both oral and written English
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: Expatriate
- Employment Band: F
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 22 September 2021 (23:59 CPH Time)
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees' details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment processes & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.