Outreach and Inclusive Education Assistant
Eligibility criteria Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Education Specialist, Equity and Inclusion or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Outreach and Inclusive Education Assistant will:
- Collect, analyze, verify, and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design and preparation;
- Support preparation of technical reports and provide inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and relevancy;
- Prepare required documentations and materials to facilitate the programme review and approval process by working closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and external counterparts.
- Provide technical and operational support to programme implementation;
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress, report on critical issues, bottlenecks, and potential problems for timely action to achieve results;
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of partners and stakeholders;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor;
- Education qualification in the area of Education or Social Sciences or Management.
- Minimum 2 years of experirnce with at least 1 year of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Formal Education, Non-Formal Education, Project Management, Working with Refugees, Children with Disabilities, OOSC, Gender Mainstreaming or other relevant programmes.
- Experience with Educational NGOs and partners is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines; Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in Outreach and Inclusive Education, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge