Accounting and Financial Audit Assistant
Honiara (Solomon Islands)
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNDP SECSIP Chief Technical Adviser or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Training and Civil Awareness Assistant will:
1. In compliance with UNDP Rules, Regulations and policies, the incumbent will be part of SECSIP Graduate Programme. For this assignment, the incumbent will be co-located at the Office of the Registrar of the Political Parties. The incumbent general duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the identification of training needs, planning and development of contents related to the mandate of the Office of the Registrar of the Political Parties, (ORPP)
- Identify and plan awareness raising activities to enhance the general knowledge of the role of the ORPP;
- Liaise and coordinate with other stakeholders as guided by the Registrar and Deputy Registrar;
- Provide a monthly report on the activities carried out in support of the ORPP to this Office and to UNDP SECSIP;
- Any other task as identified by SECSIP Project Manager and by the Registrar or Deputy Registrar in consultation with UNDP Project Management.
2. The tasks expected to be performed under this assignment include:
- Support ORPP in the elaboration of a comprehensive training action plan and the production of related documentation;
- Assist in the provision of contents including texts and suggestions for illustrations for the development of training materials. This can include manuals, guides, brochures, leaflets, posters, videos);
- Support the ORPP with the preparation and effective implementation of consultations, training sessions, workshops in accordance with the approved plans. This may include facilitation of training sessions for political party members and other stakeholders;
- Assist in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools to measure impact and progress as a result of the activities implemented.
- Perform other tasks as requested by UNDP SECSIP in consultation with the Office of the Registrar of the Political Parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. political science, journalism, sociology or related area;
- Experience acquired after finalization of university studies in public service, media or education sectors will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization will be considered an asset.
- Good oral and written skills for drafting and reporting; ability to support document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including at grassroot level with community members, religious and youth organizations, and with public authorities; familiarity with tools and communication approaches for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Knowledge of Pidgin is requiredDriving license Competencies values Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Link to follow for - Registration steps Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile including contact details and two references and submit it. Incomplete profiles shall not be considered. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Post is for National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY. Therefore, only nationals of above-mentioned Country and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. For further details, please clink on the link below. Application deadline: 21-09-2021