Business Support Assistant (SC4) Deir Ezzour VA021-2021
syrian arab republic
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 21 September 2021.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In 2020, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to fight hunger globally, including its work during the coronavirus pandemic.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Contract Type: Service Contract - SC4
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Deir Ezzour
Number of required employees: 1
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Business support assistant will work in the field office under the direct supervision of the Finance/Admin associate and overall supervision of the head of the field office, with technical support from the admin unit in Damascus.
The Business support assistant will deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various in the Field Office, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and set standard filing/archiving system, to ensure information is accurate and readily available.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to the Finance/Admin Associate to support various units to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Perform other duties, as required by the direct supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience:At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work, preferable in the area of humanitarian affairs, information systems, communication.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as MS (Word-Excel).
- Knowledge of work routines and methods to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to present information in the form of tables, charts easily comprehensible.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, sound judgement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Please ensure that your VPN is connected before clicking on the link below.
Internal candidates: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=148656&company=C0000168410P
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.