Talent Acquisition Specialist (Remote)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Who we are looking for: We are seeking to identify an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist.
What we offer: An International Consultancy Contract of up to 11 months from start date will be offered to the selected candidate.
Workplace: You will be expected to work from remote with working hours GMT+1. You will interact with a diversified team spread in different locations.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP Technology Division (TEC, formerly known as the IT Division) is the digital business engine of the World Food Programme, providing the business with multi-pronged and resilient technical capabilities able to respond with the agility required in humanitarian operations.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will work closely with the hiring managers, ensuring that our recruitment strategy supports their needs and building a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. You will report to the Head, Talent and Development of TEC Division and you will be in charge of developing a proactive approach to attract and retain top talent for key positions at TEC Division. This includes, but is not limited to, sourcing, recruitment and selection of candidates, as well as advising hiring managers on all aspects of attraction and selection.
- Manage the full life cycle of recruitment process from the identification of the staffing needs, to sourcing, screening and selecting the candidates;
- Partner with the hiring managers and support them to identify the best way to fill their talent and business needs;
- Build and maintain broad network of potential candidates as a result of the recruitment process or through pro-active research with the aim to anticipate business needs and increase awareness and market benchmark;
- Promote, develop and execute new recruiting solutions and tools;
- Define and measure quality standards and controls to enhance internal (colleagues) and external (candidates) customer experience;
- Perform analysis of hiring needs, recruitment metrics and work plan forecast to ensure full support and update of the Divisional Staffing Plan highlighting delays/risks and proposing remediation actions;
- Support other ad hoc projects;
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
University degree preferably in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in Talent Acquisition, Talent Sourcing, Head Hunting or as HR practitioner with in-depth recruiting and scouting experience;
- Experience with data and analytics;
- Experience in recruitment of technology/IT profiles is an asset;
- Experience in multicultural and diversified organizations;
- Previous experience in other HR areas (e.g. Talent Management; Performance Management; etc.) is a plus.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Project management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability in proactively networking & establishing effective working relationships;
- Strong team player coupled with demonstrated ability to work autonomously;
- Passionate and committed to customer service excellence;
- Strong planning and organizing skills required to respond to multiple and different requests;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Fluency in oral and written English is required. An intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: "Our Work" and "Countries" to learn more about WFP's operations.
Deadline for applications: 21 September 2021 at 11:59pm Rome time
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives