Budget & Finance Associate
New Delhi (India)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide accounting policyguidance and income/ awards and budgetary management and support across the SEARRegion. Ensure effective financial controls exist and are properly managed.Ensure income is managed appropriately for all sources of funding and advicebudget centres on all aspects of income and awards management. Monitor thegeneral ledger and sub ledgers and take action where necessary to correcterrors. Coordinate the monthly and annual financial closure processes atcountry and regional level.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the Budget and Finance Officer and direct supervision of National Professional Officer(Budget), the incumbent performs following tasks:
- Assist in Programme Budget monitoring including monitoring of budget ceilings, PB allocation and resources available;processing of Budget Journals in line with approved Programme Changes,identifying and resolving funding/budgeting problems.
- Review and maintain information in the database on GSM HR work plans, analyze the financial impact of programme changes onthe HR plan; Prepare related expenditure batches.
- Assist with calculation of standard costs.
- Raise funding requests and Award Budget for HR positions to ensure that HR positions are duly funded to avoid Oracle LaborDistribution (OLD) errors.
- Focal point to resolve discrepancies pointed out byACT/HQ during the monthly payroll OLD run, carry out budget analysis toestablish savings/shortfalls under HR positions.
- Assist in preparation of presentations andbriefings for high level meetings like WR's meeting, Regional Committee,HLP/SPPDM, WHA, etc.
- Carry out various tasks related to award management like award distribution, work plan funding, award budget, reconciliation of flexible corporate funds, track and follow up receivables as per donor agreements within regional delegated authority; support the preparation offinancial reports to donors, etc.
- Advice staff, draft comments/ correspondences related to the incumbent's area of work.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned bysupervisor.
Essential: Completion of Secondary School education with specialization in budgeting and accounting.
Desirable: Diploma / certificate of specialization in finance and accounting an advantage. Training in computer applications including MS excel.
Essential: At least 8 years' experience in the areas of budget or financial accounting.
Desirable: Experience in a UN Organization or International Organization is an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as GSM.
A. Good knowledge and understanding of WHO Financial Rules and Regulations. eManual Provisions, WHO's automated accounting system (GSM) and accounting principles in general.B. Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and application of advance excel skills as applied to data generated from the GSM for conversion into user friendly reports. C. Ability to draft standard correspondence.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 1,035,979 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.