Reports to: The position will report to the MHPSS Manager and will receive additional technical support from the Senior MHPSS manager, as well as clinical supervision from an external clinical supervisor.
- Ensure that individual, family and group counselling is provided to people in need for MHPSS support
- Ensure regular communication with the MHPSS Manager to integrate appropriate technical priorities in program design, in order to provide updates on achievements and challenges.
- Is responsible for the weekly/monthly roster of the psychologists and coordinates with the MHPSS officer and Interpreters Team Leader.
- Lead weekly team meetings when necessary.
Context analysis & Representation – External & Internal Coordination
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, such as local government actors, UN agencies, NGOs, social services and other relevant actors.
- Participate in the MHPSS and other relevant working groups at appropriate levels to contribute to coordination across agencies and sites.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Follow the HR Handbook and legal requirements for staff management practices and processes.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly reports and other HR management related tasks.
- Ensure training, support, and ongoing capacity building opportunities for MHPSS staff on technical skills.
- Assist with the recruitment of psychologists or other mental health staff if needed, in coordination with the MHPSS Manager
- Facilitate capacity building of other NGO and public sector staff.
- Supervise and offer training opportunities to mental health community volunteers.
M&E and reporting
- Maintain the oversight of the achievements of the program on Lesvos Island.
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from monthly psychologists’ reports.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient support, quality control and reporting systems and processes.
- With the guidance from the MHPSS manager disseminate information to the appropriate coordinating mechanisms, field teams, beneficiaries and IRC implementing team accordingly.
Major Psychologist Responsibilities
- Adhere to internationally recognized best practices for evidence based psychological interventions and the management of clients with mental health concerns. This includes ensuring the confidentiality of clients and respecting their decisions;
- Provide age-appropriate culturally relevant individual and/or group psychological counselling for population at risk including but not limited to survivors of torture, asylum seekers and unaccompanied minors;
- Conduct follow-up sessions as needed and decide with the client when to close the case;
- Identify concerns related to and support adherence to referral protocols and guiding principles for gender based violence and child protection, and bring these concerns to the MHPSS Manager;
- Maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including referral organizations community groups and other implementing partners;
- Attend regular supportive supervision conducted by the MHPSS Manager;
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs