Arabic Interpreter/ Translator RISE- Consultant
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
At the start of 2021, IRC UK began programming in the UK. RISE is working in partnership with two local authorities (Hampshire and West Sussex) and in collaboration with local refugee agencies, to provide integration support to 200 resettled refugees in Southeast England. The project is funded by the EU’s Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) and Khalsa Aid International.
As we continue to develop the activities for the project, a number of resources for workshops and client outreach materials need to be translated from English into Arabic. The consultant will also be needed to provide verbal interpretation or support in facilitating workshops and individual meetings between the RISE staff and clients. The consultant will work closely with team members to ensure that spirit and consistency of messaging is achieved.
Key Stakeholders and Relationships
Accountable to Senior Integration Specialist RAI Europe
Key working relationship with Senior Integration Officer, Refugee Employment Specialist
Core Consulting Tasks
The scope of work includes but is not limited to the following:
- Translate designated RISE resources from English to Arabic.
- Interpret for workshops and meetings from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in messaging.
- Deliver completed resources on schedule, according to an agreed upon timeline.
- A job readiness handbook and presentation translated into Arabic
- Client outreach promotional and enrollment materials translated into Arabic language
- Interpretation between English and Arabic for weekly job readiness training
- Full review and associated suggestions of existing Arabic material.
The consultant will work flexible ad hoc hours and be remunerated on an hourly basis until 31st Dec 2022
The deadline for the application is the 22nd September 2021.