Training Deputy Coordinator (Re-advertisement)
Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Post Number : 3ARIEP0016PA
Grade : NO-B
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Argentina
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 08-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Duration of contract: initially 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance [six (6) months probationary period]).
Only nationals of Argentina may apply for this position
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) plays a unique role within the United Nations system. IIEP was established in 1963 as an integral part of UNESCO. It supports ministries of education around the world and other key actors to plan and manage education systems through its programmes of training, technical assistance, policy research and knowledge sharing. Follow this link for more information about IIEP’s global role.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
This position is located in IIEP’s Buenos Aires Office. Under the overall authority of the Director of IIEP and the Head of Office of IIEP Buenos Aires, and under the immediate supervision of the Training Coordinator of IIEP Buenos Aires, and within the framework of IIEP’s mandate and Medium-Term Strategy, the incumbent will act as deputy coordinator of this area. The incumbent will support the Training Coordinator in the design and monitoring tasks of the different activities that are developed in the training programme, as well as in the administrative and financial tasks related to its operations including:
Strategic planning and Programme implementation
- Support the Training Coordinator in the identification, conceptualization and design of training projects, both regular and extra-budgetary, in accordance with the IIEP Medium Term Strategy, Member State needs, and IIEP-UNESCO’s internal procedures.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of IIEP-UNESCO’s training project agenda
- Support the Training Coordinator in the supervision and coordination of ongoing projects, as well as in providing the necessary support to guarantee quality and effectiveness in each project.
- Assure continuous updating of the content developed in the IIEP-UNESCO’s training programs; collaborate in the qualitative evaluation of those programs.
- Provide support in the management, implementation and monitoring of the budget of the Training Unit.
- Prepare reports on research projects in accordance with IIEP's Monitoring and Evaluation Plan; participate in the continuous updating of information related to Training within institutional monitoring systems.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation of training programs.
Institutional Networking and Partnership development
- Support the Coordinator in developing inputs for the Office’s communications function and for IIEP-UNESCO’s virtual platforms.
- Develop, support and monitor networks of experts in training in particular those from the IIEP-UNESCO’s community of practice.
- Participate in tasks to articulate the training function with in collaboration with the research and technical cooperation Units of the IIEP, to meet institutional needs.
- Assist in the identification and mobilization of resources for training projects from public and private donors, including Member States, United Nations agencies, foundations, and other organizations and development partners.
- Represent IIEP at conferences and meetings, and make institutional and thematic presentations.
- Actively Participate in and contribute to IIEP-UNESCO team meetings.
- Support the Training Coordinator in the supervision of the team, consultants and trainees working on training projects.
- Identify human resource requirements for the Training Unit and support the Coordinator in the selection of experts for the implementation of training projects.
- Support the Training Coordinator and Head of Office by providing academic input for their participation in conferences and other relevant events.
- Provide interim management of the Training Unit in the absence of the Coordinator.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Communication (C) Accountability (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in education public policy, public management or related fields or a Bachelor’s degree in education public policy, public management or related fields combined with at least 4 years of qualifying relevant experience.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrable experience in designing and conducting training activities in the fields of educational planning, policy or management.
- Experience in conducting high-level policy dialogue, developing professional networks, and fundraising.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience in coordinating and supervising training projects.
- Work experience in education policymaking or policy implementation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced pedagogical skills.
- Knowledge of Latin American education systems and the region's education policy agenda.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; capacity to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to coordinate, supervise and work in multicultural teams.
- Ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to adjust priorities and work with tight deadlines.
- Availability to carry out field missions in different countries of the region as required by the projects in the area.
- Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of English and Spanish.
- Work experience in regional and/or an international organizations.
- Experience in organising international-scale events.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of IT, in particular MS Office applications, databases, statistical processing programs, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) tools, Survey tools, SPSS or STATA.
- Good knowledge (written and oral) of Portuguese.
- Knowledge of another UNESCO language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which, where applicable, may include 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application once submitted. The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the Vacancy Notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.