Partnership and Membership Officer
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) | United Kingdom
Title: Partnerships & Membership Officer
Contract type: Full time employee
Contract Duration: Permanent
Reporting to: Partnerships & Membership Senior Officer
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Mostly home-based, UK (London)
Application Deadline: 19 September 2021
• Are you a motivated professional interested in a career in partnerships, membership and coalition building?
• Do you have a passion for global health and development, improving the lives of people everywhere, and holding governments accountable for their commitments?
• Would you like to be part of a dynamic, and impactful global NGO seeking to ensure people everywhere can enjoy a life free from preventable suffering and death due to non-communicable diseases like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, lung disease and mental health conditions?
• Are you a committed team member who can assist in engaging NGO partners and members?
Do not hesitate to apply. We encourage applications from candidates with less than three years of experience
About the NCD Alliance
The NCD Alliance (NCDA) is a unique civil society network, dedicated to shaping a world in which everyone can live a healthy and productive life, free from the preventable suffering, stigma, disability and death caused by non-communicable diseases (NCDs). NCDA is a registered non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Geneva, Switzerland, bringing together 300 members in more than 80 countries, including a network of 66 national and regional NCD alliances, to form a respected, united and credible global civil society movement. Find out more on our website here: https://ncdalliance.org
We are looking for a Partnerships & Membership Officer to join our dynamic team of 21 staff located across 3 offices (Geneva, London, and New York). The Partnerships and Membership team encompasses 5 staff, and the Officer will report to NCDA Partnerships and Membership Senior Officer.
The Partnerships and Membership Officer will support the strategic growth of NCDA’s NGOs partnerships and membership in line with our new strategy. The role will liaise with NCDA’s key members and NGO partners, and assist in the delivery of related membership work plans, key activities (including membership research, Partners Report, Membership Bulletin, and Communications promotional plans and products), supporting membership deliverables, outreach strategies, reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes. We seek a self-starter, detailed oriented professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills that works well on teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates passionate about global health and multisectoral action to work for a respected civil society organisation and engage with a range of stakeholders especially with NGOs and national and regional NCD alliances across the world.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the role are:
· Supports strategic engagement with NCDA’s existing NGO partners and members by providing, research, tracking of relevant data and information on CRM systems and project management.
· Contribute to NCDA’s membership growth, by supporting plans and activities.
· Supports NGO partners and members reporting and monitoring and evaluation efforts, ensuring documents are prepared and submitted on time, including the Partners Report, Membership Bulletin, and Communications promotional plans and products.
· Assists in the planning and delivery of relevant membership events in line with NCDA’s new strategy.
· Ensures internal and external communications products and the website are updated and fully represent NGO Partners and Members’ activities.
· Schedules and coordinates team meetings, prepares agendas, and captures notes as appropriate.
· Supports the delivery of NCDA’s membership strategy, including through membership out- reach, membership engagement mechanisms and coordination of the roll out of benefits.
· Liaises with members to deliver bilateral plans and activities with NGO partners, maintaining constructive relationships and proactively seeking alignment.
· Collaborates across the NCDA team (particularly working with Communications, Policy and Advocacy, and Capacity Development) to implement NCDA’s partnership and membership strategy to ensure compliance, in consultation with supervisor as appropriate.
Skills and competencies
· Relevant bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in a related field, ideally in an NGO or membership organisation. Internship experience could be considered as work experience.
· 2-3 years of membership or partnership experience, relevant administrative or professional work experience including one year of project management.
· Highly organised and detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands to meet team’s deadlines and objectives.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment and liaise with a diverse array of collaborators, consultants, and stakeholders from across the globe.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; strong cross-cultural communication and sensitivity skills.
· Demonstrated experience following standard policies and procedures, receiving general instruction and supervision, and contributing to deliverables and initiatives.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an international team environment.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office applications and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams).
· Fluent in English (spoken and written).
· Fluent in other languages. French and/or Spanish are a plus.
· Possess knowledge and demonstrated interest in NCDs and/or global health/development.
· Familiarity with CRMs.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority at the NCD Alliance. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with Partnerships and Membership Officer in the email subject. Also, please clarify in the cover letter your location and when you would be available. We are only seeking candidates who live in & have the right to the work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: 19 September 2021 We regret that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.