Capacity Development Adviser, Papua New Guinea - Australia Transport Sector Support Program
Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)
We are a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Our forward-looking, innovative approaches connect and sustain communities around the world. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are focused on building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. GHD's International Development Assistance (IDA) Team delivers project management and technical services for the world's largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries.
The Papua New Guinea - Australia Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP) continues the Australian Government's long term commitment to the PNG transport infrastructure sector. The shared long term goal of TSSP is a safer, more reliable transport system in place enabling economic and social development in PNG.
About the role
The Capacity Development Adviser is a fixed-term position based in Port Moresby until April 2022 and will work with TSSP advisers to detail a pedagogical approach to underpin capacity development activities across the sector. The Adviser will utilise Corporate Plans, TSSP Adviser Workplans and existing reform agendas of sector agencies to consult, prioritise, develop and implement an appropriate work plan. This will be in alignment with the principles described in the Capacity Development Framework, and will develop monitoring, reporting and evaluation approaches to enhance TSSP’s ability to capture capacity development within the transport sector agencies. Eligible candidates must have the following specific skill requirements:
· A professional qualification in adult learning, and/or vocational education and training, organisational development, human resource development, teaching, workplace training and assessment;
· A demonstrated understanding of applied workplace learning in emerging economies and a high level of expertise in pedagogies that supports this;
· Detailed knowledge and experience in effective development cooperation;
· Demonstrated emotional intelligence and success in building rapport, trust and respect with people in a variety of contexts and in particular with women, people with disabilities and marginalised groups;
· Demonstrated understanding of the requirement to model high standards of professionalism, integrity and accountability at all times; and
· Competence with a range of computer software programs and professional writing skills to prepare high quality reports and documents that communicate effectively to the intended audience.
You will have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of groups of differing cultures. You will demonstrate the ability to solve issues in a culturally sensitive way. All candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies. This position is classified as Discipline C Level 3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. To express your interest please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the specific skill requirements. Closing date Sunday 26 September 2021.
GHD is committed to protecting children and their rights and requires all IDA Personnel to comply with the GHD Child Protection Policy and the GHD International Development Assistance Child Protection Procedures in delivering development assistance services. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.