The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA's ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The Business Solutions Section provides information systems development and support services to IAEA programme areas and to the IAEA as a whole.
The Management Solutions Unit (MSU), which is part of MTIT's Business Solutions Section (MTIT/BSS), provides business IT solutions to meet IAEA-wide management requirements. The MSU is led by a Unit Head, who reports to the Head of the Business Solutions section.
The Management Solutions Unit is seeking a business analyst and IT project manager to assist the Business Solution Section with the following projects\:
• modernization of the Power Reactor Information System (PRIS), with a particular focus on PRIS Statistics
• delivery of a Central Dose Registry (CDR) solution
The ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering and experience in working with agile teams to deliver Web-based software solutions, including solutions to present and visualize technical/scientific data.
The selected expert will work with stakeholders across the IAEA to assess the needs for a modernized PRIS Statistics solution as well as a Central Dose Registry for the IAEA and define detailed requirements both projects. They will work with MTIT project teams and external vendors to propose solution options, perform market research, elaborate proofs-of-concept then implement the chosen solution following PRINCE2 for project management and a lean/agile approach for software delivery.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Stakeholder engagement\: organize workshops with stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements. Validate requirements with stakeholder groups using prototypes and POCs. Manage stakeholders' expectations with respect to feasibility and cost.
2. Prepare project cost and delivery schedule estimations in collaboration with MTIT/BSS teams.
3. Prepare project plans, including quality plans and team plans
4. Provide draft project briefs and project initiation documentation for PRINCE2 projects.
5. Business analysis\: document requirements as business process flows, user stories and non-functionals. Perform gap analysis and provide recommendations for process improvement. Organize requirements backlog for software delivery team.
6. Monitor project progress against plan and regularly report to stakeholders on status and risks/issues.
7. Manage communications with project stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications and Experience
Accredited Project Management Certification such as PMP or PRINCE2 will be considered a strong asset
Minimum of five years of experience, of which at least 3 year of recent experience as a business analyst, project manager or both, in an information systems context, in a client-facing role.
Substantial project management experience utilizing a structured methodology such as PMP or PRINCE2. Experience of software delivery using a lean/agile approach such as SCRUM.
Experience with all elements of the Software Development Lifecycle, with a particular focus on eliciting and documenting business process flows, user stories and non-functional requirements; quality management; planning and executing user acceptance testing; end-user training; documentation and support.
Experience in the use of techniques and tools to explore and validate requirements with clients (e.g. low-fi/hi-fi prototyping, user personas, ideation sessions, etc.)
Experience in the use of data visualization technologies and tools to analyze large data sets and visualize technical/scientific data will be considered an asset
Experience in agile backlog management and working with mixed onsite/offsite teams will be considered an asset.
Strong client/user orientation and ability to communicate easily and well with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels in a multicultural environment, with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The remuneration for this consultancy is a daily fee of up to a maximum of € 340, based on qualifications and experience. In case duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.