Senior Administrative Assistant
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of the CRP Department is to strategically support and oversee all communication activities in the region (including regional and country offices), to mobilize resources, build strategic alliances and partnerships, and manage external relations. The Department manages WHO/EMRO's relationship with the international community by contributing to the positioning of the Organization's regional health priorities into the agenda of the international community and in positioning the Organization to attain technical and strategic recognition within the regional and global settings.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1) Management of the office of the Director:--> Assist in all confidential matters of the Department;--> Manage the Departmental internal and external communications flow on all issues and develop and maintain follow-up systems/mechanisms to monitor administrative work progress and Department submissions' deadlines;--> Develop administrative capacity within the Department by ensuring that: 1) new staff are properly oriented; 2) guide, train and coach team members across the full range of departmental support functions. The incumbent will train and coordinate other training opportunities in the Department;--> Follow-up with technical staff to ensure implementation of decision and resolutions of Reginal Cabinet Meetings, Regional Committees, Executive Board and World Health Assembly; --> Prepare action points of departmental meetings, circulate to all staff and ensure implementation of these decisions--> Bring to the attention of the Director any problems with regard to staff performance and attendance as well as implementation of decisions.2) Supervisory Role:--> Plan and organize administrative work within the Department, distribute assignment to other support staff in an equitable manner, ensure proper coverage during leaves and absences in coordination with respective Regeional Advisors and supervisors;--> Arrange regular departmental meetings for administrative staff; and,--> Update staff of new developments and procedures.3) MonitorING of HR matters:--> Work closely with the Administrative Assistant on the liaision with HRS on the necessary actions for the recruitment of staff in the department: o Support the director on the shortlisting process including guidance on STELLIS for all positionso Prepare and recommend the final list for approval of the Director for GS level postso Act as a member of interview panel for GS positions o Liaise with HRS on the finalization of position descriptions when submitted for technical review.4) Compliance, Risk Management & Quality Validation--> Act as the department compliance and risk management focal point (jointly with designated P-staff) --> Review administrative compliance and carry-out quality check of Department's administrative documents, to ensure adherence to WHO rules and policies;--> In the context of the GSM and e-workflows, act as first level approver/reviewer and validate information and attachments. Identify discrepancies and recommend appropriate options/solutions to originators;--> Review and analyze the compliance monthly dashboard/cockpit of the department, circulate it to all staff with supporting reports (including PMDSs, TRs, leaves, awards, donor reports… etc);--> Create the Risk Register for the department on annual basis, and regulary update data on the cockpit tool; --> Upload all needed documents, update and address all issues related to the “Periodic Attestations” on the compliance cockpit; and,--> Complete the Internal Control Framework Assessment checklist for the department on a yearly basis, and address any surveys/questionnaires related to it; and to the risk and compliance assessment.5) PROGRAME MANAGEMENT, BUDGET AND FINANCIAL --> Act as focal point for administrative matters related to operational planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting;--> Coordinates the administrative process of the divisional submissions for planning, mid and end-term reporting and other adhoc office-wide exercises such as corporate funding requests, funding forecasting etc.;--> Monitor and follow-through with relevant staff in the department to ensure that award management actions (e.g. AAR, AMR, ADR, planned costs, award budgets) are implemented timely; --> Support the Director in preparing donor proposals and reports in term of quality check and preparation of human and financial resources breakdown. Monitors reporting deadlines to donors and follow-through relevant staff as required.--> Request and collate inputs from relevant staff, and draft briefing and summaries/reports as required;--> Responsible for ensuring all the HR actions, are in compliance with approved HR plan, including: o generate reports and performs initial analyses, for various HR review exercise; o liaise with PME, HRs and BFU colleagues as needed; ando in coordination with the Programme Management Officer, provide advice regarding amendments proposed to be made to the HR plan.4) OTHER DUTIESPerform other relevant duties within the scope of responsibility as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by training in related administrative fields.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least ten years progressive experience in programme administration and management, including experience in a supervisory role.
Desirable: Previous related experience within a UN/international organization.
--> Excellent time management and stress management skills. --> Ability to lead, direct and manage a team. --> Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with multi-cultural staff. --> Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.--> Thorough knowledge and the ability to apply WHO/UN rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide as applicable to the administrative level.
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model: https://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EGP 376,850 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that: 1 - Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated; 2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education, training and experience are provided under relevant sections; 3- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.