WPE Senior Officer - Bekaa
The WPE Senior Officer is responsible for supporting and managing all programming activities that occur within the team and will be responsible for compiling program data and trends.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the team, develop operational Center and mobile team plans that include staffing and a schedule of psychosocial and outreach activities to be conducted in addition to GBV risk assessment and response tools.
- In collaboration with the Manager, develop work plans to achieve targets and follow up on the implementation.
- In collaboration with team members, identify the most vulnerable locations to implement the program activities.
- In collaboration with caseworkers and community mobilizers, organize work-plans for outreach workers that addresses work schedules, responsibilities, and training/support activities.
- Update and maintain referral lists and contacts for relevant organizations in the work area.
- In collaboration with the WPE Program Manager, craft emergency response and contingency plans to adapt to rapid changes in the work area.
- Coordinate with the AGO, CMO and CBOs when developing safe spaces individual strategies.
- Coordinate with the SDC directors and staff in regards to direct implementation when applicable.
Team Support and Supervision
- Hold regular planning and debriefing sessions with team members on a weekly basis.
- Hold monthly individual sessions with team members to review tasks and responsibilities, monitor job performance, and provide support as required.
- Ensure proper documentation for staff members (90 day action plan, onboarding plan, sick leaves, annual leaves etc…).
- In collaboration with the WPE Manager and CMO, AGO, CBO, facilitate or organize trainings that support technical skills of staff, e.g. how to run effective focus groups, how to conduct safety assessments, how to talk about services offered by WPE, how to talk about GBV, how to conduct referrals, and other identified needs.
- Oversee and monitor capacity building and support plans for team members.
- Shadow all WPE activities (Non-focused, GBV risk assessments and response tools, Focused PSS curriculums.
- Follow up on the implementation and reporting of trainings with community mobilizers for Community members and committees.
- Deliver in a timely manner all logistical functions (Movement plans, Materials needs, weekly calendar, room reservation etc…)
- Coordinate and follow up with other IRC departments to respond to needs of the area of responsibility/coverage.
- Ensure that attendance records and other reporting tools (PSS reporting tools, w biweekly and monthly reporting tools) are implemented.
- Monitor data collection to ensure that staff collect data in safe and ethical ways.
- Maintain and update staff capacity-building and support plans and submit to Program manager according to an agreed upon schedule.
- Compile weekly and monthly reports to provide information on trends, challenges, and activities to Program Manager.
Advocacy and referrals
- Act as main focal point for referral of non-GBV cases and protection concerns within the area of responsibility.
- Identify key advocacy messages to share with Program Manager, relevant UN Groups (UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA, etc.), and government ministries.
- Represent WPE at Protection Working Groups, GBV Working Groups, and other meetings as requested by Program Manager to present challenges and concerns and to coordinate work with other GBV providers and other humanitarian actors.
- Collaborate with Program Manager to identify key advocacy messages to share with WPE Coordinator.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position reports to: WPE Program Manager, Bekaa
- Position supervises: Community Mobilizers, Caseworkers, Adolescent Girls Assistant.
- Position works with: WPE Program Support Officer, Adolescent Girls Officer, Case Management Officer, Capacity Building and Partnership Team.