Associate Supply Officer
Under the direct supervision of please complete with the function of the supervisor the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief items according to operational needs.
- Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Through regular physical verification of Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) establish their status, propose old and obsolete PPE for disposal and plan for the arrival of replacement items.
- Contributing within the Multifunctional team to Identify partners, in particular for supply chain projects, based on objectives, priorities, strengths and resources of the partner and/or contractor, according to criteria consistent with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Resolve difficulties in the local supply chain by finding solutions to problems and bottlenecks, and provide regular reports on supply chain activities, the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments, and manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Maintain an efficient system for the release, distribution and redeployment of goods.
- Coordinate transportation and distribution of relief items.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Through regular physical verification of PPE establish their status.
- Propose old and obsolete PPE for disposal and plan for arrival of replacement items.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, and prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence;
- Monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyse matters relating to procurement activities, and deliver information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility. Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting sections.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration and marking of new PPE, and organisation of the physical verification of PPE.
- Ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed.
- Ensure proper preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board.
- Organise the disposal of PPE, according to Asset Management Board decisions.
- Provides asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Analyse the quality of commodities and services delivered in relation to the needs of the location and established quality standards. Establish a local quality assurance process.
- Analyse the existing infrastructure and ensure that it is optimally aligned with the operational needs.
- Implement practical projects to improve supply performance that has clear objectives, timescales, tasks and resources defined. Monitor the project implementation and report on progress.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Adapt local supply chain structures to be consistent with the operational needs. Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt local process to the prevailing environment.
University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Logistics, Mathematics or related field.Required experience 36 Months Experience remark
A minimum 3 years of relevant professional job experience preferable in public procurement.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP) is an asset.
- Other UN procurement and logistics trainings – such as IAPSO and UNPD – is an asset.
- Knowledge and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP Supply Chain applications is an asset.
- Computer skills: Solid knowledge of Microsoft computer programmes including Acces, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.