Under the direct supervision of Regional Adviser - Evaluation (please complete with the function of the supervisor), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
The post provides support to the evaluation portfolio as it relates to EAPRO’s regional evaluation strategy and its associated Annual Workplan. The UNV Evaluation Officer will be tasked with the following:
- Support the RA-Ev (and / or MCES) on major evaluations and related evaluative work
- Gather key background documents for use in the scoping and execution of evaluations
- Support the process for the development of evaluation terms of reference, which includes managing and/or guide consultants in delineating the scope of the evaluation and engaging in consultations with evaluation stakeholders
- Participate in procurement and recruitment of the evaluation team, which includes reviewing of proposals submitted by preparing tabulation of applicants background, skills and experience that will feed into the selection process;
- Collect and present relevant information for all phases of the evaluation in a concise and digestible format for use by consultants
- Examine interim products and drafts report; consolidate comments by all reviewers for transmission to the consultants
- Support evaluation report editing and formatting for publication
- Knowledge management (KM): help develop the electronic repository of evaluation-related publications (UNICEF uses SharePoint for its KM), reports and data sets for use in the evaluation and maintain until project finalization
- Provide quality professional support to ongoing EAPRO Evaluation section activities, including background research and scoping for upcoming evaluations.
- Provide support in the management of ad-hoc evaluative work as stipulated in the Regional work plan:
- To provide quality support to drafting concept notes, dissemination of reports, including contributing to scanning of recent articles and publications to keep abreast of new approaches in evaluation and partnership for evaluation
- Gathering research evidence, and other inputs to support evaluations, including design and support to colleagues in online polling, surveying, and rapid data collection
- Support methodology related work in the evaluation section of EAPRO
- Promote the evaluation function in the region
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide support to systems development and maintenance of performance data and reporting for the evaluation function:
- Further develop team performance monitoring systems and ensure these are updated on a regular basis against workplan objectives and targets
- Support the evaluation function’s annual reporting requirements, and providing comments and analysis on country annual reports
- Organize evaluation workshops as required.
Master's degree in Statistics, Monitoring, and Evaluation, or Social Sciences.Required experience 180 Months Experience remark
- At least 15 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level with experience of the UN or other international development organizations
- Experience in fields such as monitoring, evaluation, systems development or performance assessment would be an advantage
- Excellent English oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, other UN organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of humanitarian and development evaluations and evaluative initiatives
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; office technology equipment; experience (or an aptitude to learn) in IT applications for surveying is desirable; familiarity with database management is also desirable
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines
- Sound security awareness
- Have affinity with or interest in UNICEF’s commitments for a better future for children, and volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent