Livelihood Training Officer (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
livelihoods program in Thailand works with cross-sector partners to innovate
upskilling, market networking and access, and entrepreneurship development for
refugees and migrants along Thailand Myanmar Province. The IRC’s Livelihood program aims to enhance
market relevant skill for refugees and migrant in order to increase opportunity
for employment or self-employment. The
IRC engages with refugee leaders, local community-based organizations academic
institutions, and private sector partners to design program interventions based
on market demands in Thailand, neighboring Myanmar, and the wider region.
Alongside essential trainings and trainings in technical and soft skills, while
connecting talented trainees and entrepreneurs to a network of mentors in
Thailand and Myanmar (and elsewhere as far as possible) to help them build up
their confidence and plan for their futures.
Under the overall supervision of Senior Livelihoods Program Manager, the Livelihood Training Officer is responsible for implementing Livelihood capacity building activities including developing training materials, organize and facilitate livelihood capacity building activity. The Livelihood training officer will work closely with Livelihood Project staff based in Mae Sot, Mae Hong Son and Ratchaburi in collecting and documenting project data for program reporting and project monitoring, evaluation, and learning. In coordination with Livelihood Project’s staff, the Livelihood Training Officer will provide technical support to Livelihood Camp Base Assistance in implementing capacity building activity including build partnerships and engage individuals, community leaders, community-based organizations (CBO), and non-governmental organizations (NGO) in order to create opportunities for implementing capacity building and entrepreneurship skill activities in the refugee community and new area.
- Assist in developing and adjusting existing Livelihood’s capacity building activities curriculum with close coordination with the IRC’s Livelihoods staff.
- Assist in translating training materials into English, Karen, and Burmese and ensure training documents are current and up to date.
- Assist in developing training materials and other educational materials as necessary based on the project design and objectives.
- Facilitating and Co-facilitate Livelihood’s capacity building training including conduct training of trainers according to curriculum methodology and training schedule as agree with the IRC’s Livelihood team
- In coordination with Livelihood Project Officer to provide technical support to the IRC’s Livelihood Project Camp Base Assistant in implementing Livelihood’s capacity building and entrepreneurship skill training.
- Coordinate with IRC’s Livelihoods Project’s staff, LLH partner and other relevant organization for implementing Livelihood’s capacity building and entrepreneurship skill activity.
- Ensure preparatory task for implementing project’s activity are completed according to project’s workplan, including ensure financial and supply chain documents are completed and align with IRC and donner compliant policy.
- Assist the IRC’s Livelihood Project’s staff to monitor deliverable of consultant involve in this project’s assignments are timely completed according to consultancy’s agreement.
- Monitor training outcomes through baseline surveys, pre- and post- tests, after action review and follow-up interviews, and continually reflect on training experiences and monitoring data to improve future trainings.
- Collect information/data related to project’s activities, including data necessary for project indicator as well as record on the successes and challenges, and report the progress of the project at regular intervals to supervisor.
Position Reports to: Senior Livelihood Manager
Position directly supervises: No
Indirect Reporting: No
Other Internal contacts: Collaborate and work with other team
members within the same office and in the other IRC field offices, including
IRC Protection/Legal, Women Protection and Empowerment, Health, and Operation
staff to ensure effective and coherent of Livelihood Program.
Other External contacts: Coordinate with camp-based community leader, community base organization and other stakeholder in camps and on the border in Tak Province to ensure collaborative approach in implementing the IRC’s Livelihood’s program.