Procurement & Assets Assistant
Honiara (Solomon Islands)
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNDP SECSIP Chief Technical Adviser or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Procurement & Assets Assistant will:
1. In compliance with UNDP Rules, Regulations and policies, the incumbent will be part of SECSIP Graduate Programme. For this assignment, the incumbent will be co-located at the Solomon Islands Electoral Office (SIEO). The incumbent general duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the identification of SIEO procurement related needs and raise awareness on procurement policies meeting international best practice standards
- Provide a monthly report on the activities carried out in support of the mandates of SIEO contributing to UNDP SECSIP project implementation.
2. The day-to-day tasks in support of the SIEO expected to be performed under this assignment include:
- Assist SIEO in the planning, development and execution of procurement plans in alignment with the mandate and priorities of the Solomon Islands Electoral Commission (SIEC), its Electoral Office and Solomon Island Government procurement rules and policies.
- Contribute to the preparation, evaluation and conduct of tenders for the procurement of goods and services, including scope of work and technical specification, requests for quotes and calls for expressions of interest from vendors, pre-qualification exercises and other procurement actions to ensure Best Value for Money.
- Regularly maintain physical and digital filing of procurement related documentation.
- Undertake market research for the identification of potential vendors
- Inform vendors and/or partners of the policies and procedures for the conduct of procurement actions;
- Assist in the steps to undertake contract amendment whenever necessary and recommend actions to address non-compliance.
- Monitor contract execution maintaining a record of previous contracts and performance assessments ;
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of a preliminary assessment of existing asset management systems and procedures in compliance with SIG asset management policies;
- Assist in the formulation/review of an Asset and Procurement Management Policy;
- Create an Asset Register for the recording and continuous updating of SIEO assets;
- Any other task as identified by the CEO in consultation with UNDP SECSIP Project Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in asset and procurement management or related area
- Experience acquired after finalization of university studies with the Ministry of Infrastructure, public works or with Ministry of Finance or other Ministries or agencies in sectors that deal with assets and procurement or in private businesses in assets and procurement sectors will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization will be considered an asset
- Good oral and written skills for drafting and reporting; ability to support document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including at grassroot level with community members, religious and youth organizations, and with public authorities; familiarity with Government assets and procurement rules will be an asset.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in democratic governance, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Knowledge of Pidgin is requiredDriving license Competencies values Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Link to follow for - Registration steps Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile including contact details and two references and submit it. Incomplete profiles shall not be considered. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Post is for National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY. Therefore, only nationals of above-mentioned Country and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. For further details, please click on the link below. Application deadline: 23-09-2021