Logistics and Warehouse Assistant
Honiara (Solomon Islands)
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNDP SECSIP Chief Technical Adviser or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Logistics and Warehouse Assistant will:
- In compliance with UNDP Rules, Regulations and policies, the incumbent will be part of SECSIP Graduate Programme. For this assignment, the incumbent will be co-located at the Solomon Islands Electoral Office (SIEO).
The incumbent general duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the identification of SIEO logistic and warehousing related needs
- Support awareness raising actions on logistics policies meeting international best practice standards
- Provide a monthly report on the activities carried out in support of the mandates of SIEO contributing to UNDP SECSIP project implementation.
- The daily tasks in support of SIEO expected to be performed under this assignment include:
- Assess logistics and warehouse practices currently in place and provide recommendations for their improvement in line with Solomon Islands Government requirements.
- Propose alternatives for better use of space and asset location preventing misplacement/loss of items.
- Conduct of periodical asset inventory.
- Preparation of templates to record incoming and outgoing assets, equipment’s and other items.
- In consultation with SIEO team working on Operations, Procurement and Assets, analyse and make recommendations to improve record keeping related to access to the warehouse, asset location systems, authorization for asset removal/transport for the utilization of equipment/goods under storage and continuous update of the registry and records.
- Identification of assets that require periodical verification of their technical conditions/functioning making arrangements for such actions to be conducted in a timely basis
- Identify and make arrangements for assets that need to be disposed off,
- Perform other tasks as requested by SIEO Senior Management in consultation with UNDP SECSIP Project Manager.
Bachelors degree in Logistics and Warehouse management with experience in logistics and warehouse management or a diploma in a relevant area, e.g. filing management, logistics, data recording or related area;Required experience 12 Months Experience remark
- Experience acquired after finalization of studies either in public service or private entities especially in logistics or warehouse management will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization will be considered an asset.
- Good oral and written skills for drafting and reporting; ability to support document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including at grassroot level with community members, religious and youth organizations, and with public authorities; familiarity with tools and communication approaches for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Knowledge of Pidgin is requiredDriving license Competencies values Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Link to follow for - Registration steps Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile including contact details and two references and submit it. Incomplete profiles shall not be considered. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Post is for National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY. Therefore, only nationals of above-mentioned Country and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. For further details, please click on the link below. Application deadline: 24-09-2021