Risk and Compliance Coordinator - National Position
- Support the CD/HoO and the CMG by ensuring:
- That risks in the CO’s operations are identified, assessed and controlled effectively; and
CO’s compliance within high-risk areas/issues, by:
- identifying such high-risk areas/issues;
- conducting regular compliance checks on the said areas/issues (e.g. spot checks);
- reporting regularly to the CD and the CMG on compliance issues; and
- Support in implementing compliance improvement measures throughout the CO.
- Support the CO with maintaining and updating all risk management and compliance related CO registers, namely the CO Risk Register, Waiver Register, Recommendations Tracker and Standards Operating Procedures (SOP) Register.
- Support in-country function leaders (Head of Support, Area Managers, Head of Programmes, Health Safety and Security Manager) with implementing compliance improvement measures related to high-risk areas/issues.
- Support function leaders in the CO with ensuring that all SOPs in the CO are aligned with policies and regulations not related to a specific function, are coherent with other SOPs throughout the CO and NRC and follow basic quality principles.
- Support the CO’s focal point for audits in the coordination of the work among the different CO's sections/units to respond to external audits initiated by institutional donors and to facilitate the follow up of these audits’ recommendations.
- Provide training and support to CO staff on the following: i) Areas of expertise held by the R&C function at HO (Risk management, compliance, Anti-corruption, Data Protection, Code of Conduct, legal and complaints management) and ii) compliance with regulations not specific to a given function (i.e. SSD, COTER, sanctions).
- Contribute to the development of NRC’s risk management framework by documenting lessons learned and best practices in the CO.
- Provide advice and guidance on internal compliance and anti-corruption, ensure compliance with anti-corruption policy and NRC procedures and guidelines
- Ensure that corruption risk mapping is conducted annually across all offices and all mitigations are being followed up with
- Help facilitate the risk management process at AO and CO level
- Support the design of and deliver effective tools and training for countering corruption across NRC Iraq
- Prepare the compliance reports for each field site for submission to the CMG team.
- To review all the drafted, the country SOP to be in line with the global/ country legal requirement.
- To assist in monitoring the implementation of SSD & ROD system, provide frequent report and feedback.
- Keep the waiver and NFF tracker updated, provide the quality review support before getting the country director's approval.
- Contribute to organizational learning and development in compliance and anti-corruption at NRC by sharing learning, experience and best practices with other compliance and anti-corruption practitioners in NRC.
- Research and develop innovative approaches to preventing corruption, wrong practices and breaches.
- To review all the drafted, the country SOP to be in line with the global/ country legal requirement
- Ensure adherence to local laws.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read the Job Description