Supply chain Assistant-Procurement
To provide all necessary Supply chain supports to the field project activities in Dadaab field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply chain procurement procedures and policies.
Supply chain activities
- Processing approved Purchase request through the procurement software (online BVA) and ensuring data accuracy.
- Request for quotations / proposals while ensuring that suppliers’ rotation is adhered to.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval and PO after the senior Supply Chain officer has reviewed and recommended.
- Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Ensure that IRC procurement procedures are followed in all spheres.
- Ensure that up to date files for price guide / catalogues / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
- Review all procurement documents before sending it for approval and ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
- Prepare all payments in good time and submit the documents for review to the senior supply chain officer before submitting it to finance.
- Photocopy and filling of all payment documents before submitting to finance.
- Prepare weekly procurement reports and send to all the program managers
- Run the PR Audit log data and clear BVA aging commitments on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement / Logistics Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are in place in Hagadera
- Organize and participate in tender meetings & evaluations.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Implement IRC procurement SOP’s in all procurements.
- Monthly Procurement report
- Monthly PR tracking and performance card
- Commitments report to Finance
- Any other procurement reports required by LC or direct Supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Reduced lead time for processing of documents.
- Timely and effective updated BVA software for accurate reporting
- Effective functional and centralized procurement system to all the program functions
- Timely payment generation for all supplied/complete deliveries of items/services
- Provide training support to procurement clerks
- Preparing of local price list and sharing the same with the Dadaab all staffs on a monthly basis.