Consultancy Services for the Digitilisation of Processes for the Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) plays a pivotal role in promoting transparency and accountability in the public sector. The Office was established under section 309 (1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe and operationalised by the Audit Office Act [Chapter 22:18]. Its mandate as outlined in subsection 2 of section 301 of the Constitution, inter alia, includes to audit the accounts, financial systems and financial management of all departments, institutions and agencies of government, all provincial and metropolitan councils and all local authorities; at the request of the Government, to carry out special audits of the accounts of any statutory body or government-controlled entity
In pursuance of its mandate, the OAG aims to deliver high quality audit services to stakeholders on the management of these public resources through financial, compliance, value for money audits and special audits. The Office of the Auditor General in its quest to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in executing its functions needs to embark on a transformation process to digitalise its functions by putting in place systems to aid its work processes;
It is against this background that resources have been availed by Swedish National Audit Office(SNAO) under the Spotlight Initiative Programme to engage consultant services to carry out a needs assessment for the Office operations and processes and also come up with a roadmap for the Office of the Auditor-General.
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- To carry out an overall assessment on all Office operations and processes ??(holistically) and identify which activities can be digitalised;
- To give recommendations on areas of digitalisation according to priority;
- To determine the appropriate digital solutions;
- To advise the OAG on implementation plan for identified digital solutions.
SCOPE OF WORK
With the help of the OAG Management and Functional teams, the Consultant is expected to:
- Evaluate and document all OAG current operations and business processes;
- Identify organisational needs;
- Identify gaps in the current OAG Zimbabwe operating systems and processes against audit firms’ benchmarks and trends;
- Document and present the future “way of working” for OAG by using Business Process models;
- Hold a presentation with the Auditor-General and top management.
The Consultant will be directly supervised by the Acting Deputy Auditor General(A/DAG) Administration with the key Deliverables of the assignment as:
- Develop an Inception report, detailed work plan and methodology (including an elaborate Gantt chart);
- Business Process Model for current operations and business processes;
- The future “way of working” documented as a Business Process Model;
- Gaps based on current versus future “way of working”;
- Needs assessment report/Requirements Document (functional and technical).
- All deliverables should be created and stored on a shared folder provided by OAG;
- The Consultant should have a presentation about activities and the result achieved on a weekly basis;
- Deliverables should be shared with OAG as soon as they are in draft mode;
- The final presentation to the Auditor General and Top management should be done not later than on the last day of the project.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards,
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability,
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Strong technical skills and analytical capacities, sound judgment;
- Strong technical problem-solving skills;
- Ability to understand and establish priorities and work by objectives.
- Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relationships with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
Ability to work under stress and work overtime when required.
- Excellent knowledge of the UN system and UN joint country programming processes (CCA/UNDAF),
- Good knowledge and experience with the national development frameworks, especially Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) PRSP, SWAP, key legislation, etc.
- Specialised technical knowledge, including in conducting external programme evaluations, data collection and analytical skills, mainstreaming the HRBA to programming and gender equality and women’s empowerment considerations, and transition contexts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, teamwork and adept at working with people of diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- An understanding of and ability to abide by the core values of the United Nations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or post graduate professional qualification in Computer Science/IT or related field;
- Professional certification or documented experience in Project Management, Data Centre Management, ICT Security Audit, Quality Management or IT Service Management.
- At least 10 years of experience in developing, evaluating and advising on IT systems for business operations. Thorough knowledge of process digitalisation, project management and ICT;
- Performed at least (two)2 similar assignments, and that have been documented;
- Experience in designing / reviewing solution architecture as well as managing or implementing IT projects for development institutions;
- Experience in evaluating business processes, portfolio management & information system needs for investments funds;
- Excellent knowledge in running organisations (Management Level);
- Excellent knowledge of Information Systems, ICT Best Practices, and current application development methodologies.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of local languages spoken in the project area will be an added advantage.
Applicants are requested to upload copies of:
- Latest CV highlighting the relevant experience;
- Updated P11 Form template of which can be downloaded from this website http://www.sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc.
- A detailed technical proposal on undertaking the tasks and evidence of previous work;
- Financial proposal (All-inclusive daily fee): Interested individuals are kindly requested to submit an all-inclusive daily consultancy fee using the template which can be downloaded from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/789q1hvdrdgwqqc/PPG_Cons_Letter%20of%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx?dl=0
Please group all your documents (CV, P11, Technical Proposal, Financial Proposal and certificates) into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
Applicants must reply to the mandatory questions asked by the system when submitting the applicationPlease note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Interested and qualified Consultant to submit proposals comprising of the following:
- Vendor information and pricing;
- Identification and pricing of support & maintenance;
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements along the lines of Audit Management (Financial Audits, Value for Money Audits; IT audits, Special Audits), Human Resources Management, Records and Library Management, Administration, IT Support, Finance, Training and Development, Procurement, Communication and others.
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment broken down into work packages;
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments;
- Relevant services undertaken in the past ten (10) years;
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents.
The Consultant will be evaluated based on qualifications and the years of experience, as outlined in the qualifications/requirements section of the ToR. In addition, the Consultant will also be evaluated on the following methodology:Technical Criteria weight: 70%;Financial Criteria weight: 30%;The award of the contract shall be made to the Consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the Terms of Reference.“UNDP is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff, and equal opportunities for people with disabilities. Well qualified candidates, particularly women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply”.