HR Associate, HR Operations
The Department of Human Resources and Office Services is the central management and coordinating function for Human Resources delivery as well as building an organizational culture of learning, security, and continuous improvement. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global Human Resources, Office Services, and Security management initiatives, reforms, policies for all IDLO Offices field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the supervision of the Head, HR Operations, and as a member of the HR Operations unit, the HR Associate will be supporting the team with administrative duties and internal business operations and processes. The incumbent promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
Key results expected:
1. Provides administrative support and overall employee support
- Assists with personnel and administrative duties of the HR function, including but not limited to, contract management, employee onboarding and offboarding, payment, travel, and purchase requests.
- Answers frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard policies, benefits, leave entitlements, and processes; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR members or management.
- Assists with HRMS inclusions, health insurance enrollments, and terminations through relevant platforms and others.
- Ensures all employee files (existing and new hires) are updated and maintained.
- Supports and contributes to implementing key processes and procedures which will enable improvements to current HR processes.
- Collaborates with the supervisor/HR team on various special projects, analytical reports, or research projects.
- Assists in organizing and maintaining relevant HR documents on the SharePoint
- Participates in developing unit and department goals, objectives, and systems
2. Provides recruitment support
- Assists the team with the full recruitment processes, including editing, publishing, and disseminating vacancies, interview scheduling, collating and summarizing recruitment reports, and performing reference checks.
- Provides administrative support in the implementation and launch of the new applicant tracking system.
- Supports new hires and ensures a smooth onboarding process answering any relevant queries, collecting required documents, and securing these in folders and/or systems as advised.
- Assists with the IDLO’s Internship Program, internship agreements, onboarding and exit interviews, reporting, act as a focal point to interns across all offices.
- Performs any other similar duties as requested by the supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or relevant certification is required. An undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Social Science, or related field is desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years of HR support experience is required and preferably within an international organization/setting. Experience with ATS/recruitment systems is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English is required. Knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, or Russian will be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other ICT and internet software.
- Capacity to work on multiple different projects, and under pressure, while ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Familiarity and competence in working with human resource policies and procedures.
- Ability to present and promote the Organization’s position on HR matters in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this support position, locally recruited, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 24 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding. IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR €25,236 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, and leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations. and Rules.
This locally recruited position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The General Counsel of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities and determine whether or when an internship position may be filled consistent with business and organizational needs.
Application deadline: October 4, 2021 (23:59hrs, Rome Time).