Associate Project Oﬃcer (Culture)
Parent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 26-SEP-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Unit, the functional authority of the Director of the Culture and Emergencies Entity and the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture, the Associate Project Officer shall support the implementation of the activities carried out in the framework of the UNESCO initiative “Revive the Spirit of Mosul”.
In particular, s/he shall:
- Assist in the preparation of the Culture and Emergencies Entity’s technical contributions for all requests received in the framework of the UNESCO initiative "Revive the Spirit of Mosul”;
- Attend all technical meetings organized in the framework of the “Revive the Spirit of Mosul by rebuilding its monumental landmarks” funded by the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development of the United Arab Emirates;
- Review all technical reports prepared by the UNESCO Office in Baghdad in the context of the reconstruction of the Al Nouri Mosque, Al Hadba Minaret, Al Sa’a Church, Al Tahera Church, and several traditional houses;
- Assist in the organization of events and meetings in the context of the initiative “Revive the Spirit of Mosul”;
- Draft correspondence, briefings, speeches, related to UNESCO’s intervention in Mosul.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in architecture, architectural heritage conservation, or in a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant professional experience, of which preferably 1 year acquired at international level, in the field of architectural heritage conservation. Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization would be preferred. Prior experience in the UN system will be an advantage and experience related to emergency situations a distinct advantage.
- Experience in communication and outreach would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the cultural dimension in conflicts
- Knowledge of UNESCO and its Culture Conventions and programmes
- Proven organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Sound judgment and creativity
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Excellent knowledge of French or English and good knowledge of the other language.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.