Education Project Manager Lebanon (National Candidates)
NRC Lebanon is looking for an Education Project Manager to join the Beirut Mount Lebanon Area Office. This is a new position within the Area and will be responsible for developing and implementing the Education Programme, as well as growing and managing the education team. We are looking for a candidate with strong experience in a similar role who will be able to hit the ground running.
The Education Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Education Programme in the Beirut Mount Lebanon Area Office. The Project Manager will take on leadership of the Education Programme and be responsible for budgeting, strategic decision making and quality control. The role will alsoo be responsible for managing and growing a large education team.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area, and Programme strategies; and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects.
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Line manage all related Education programme staff, including capacity and skills building.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Ensure that the projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across the other Programmes.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Receive the referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and take proper actions to ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC referral’s procedures.
- Assess trends and changes in the context and assess needs of children and youth in order to identify gaps in education service provision and identify ways to better assist refugees.
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing and completed education projects, using amongst others NRC evaluation tools and the education indicator matrix.
- Manage and coordinate outreach activities for the Back to School Campaign and Ministry led Accelerated Learning Program in close cooperation with UNICEF and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Develop and follow up on detailed project work plans, procurement plans, spending plans, M&E plan and recruitment plan for all education related projects in the BML
- Liaise with local authorities, such as the regional Ministry of Education and municipalities, on NRC education projects and activities.
- Conduct regular spot-checks and monitoring visits to NRC learning centres.
- Report on a monthly basis to the Area Manager and finance manager on implementation progress and challenges and on budget expenditure in education programming in the BML.
- Represent NRC to internal and external fora, such as the education partner meeting, and to authorities such as local ministries and relevant municipalities.
- A full Job Description is attached below.
Required competencies, skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from working in a managerial relevant role preferably within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in education programming
- Experience in youth education programming is a plus
- Experience with accelerated learning/catch-up programs
- Experience with Non-Formal Education
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong people management skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
What we offer
- Duty station: Beirut and Mount Lebanon, Lebanon
- Contract Duration: 12 months, with possible extension
- Travel: 30% travel to field sites
- Salary/benefits: Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Please see the full Job Description here