Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Candidates must be students of any academic program (BA/BSc, Masters, PhD) and keep this status during the whole period of the volunteer assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Representative, the National UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the coordination mechanisms between UNICEF sections implementing disability inclusion interventions (disability inclusive education, WASH facilities, social protection and child protection project interventions). This includes planning of monitoring meetings to track progress being achieved as per the programme document;
- Organise the secretariate of the Gender and Disability Inclusion Working Group once established;
- Document success stories achieved in different sectors on gender transformative agenda and disability inclusion;
- Support the Gender Consultant in her overall responsibilities of building evidence on the implementation of Gender Programmatic Review Recommendations
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Sociology or Anthropology
Any relevant experience in gender or persons with disability related issues is an asset
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise
Gender equality and the advancement of women
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 20 September 2021