Consultancy - Developing a Computerized MEAL Management Information System (MIS)
The IRC in the process developing a computerized Information management system for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning department. The system will consolidate the performance of the different sectors into one centralized database. This will provide detailed information on services delivery, progress on work plan implement, budget utilization, facilitate data utilization by different stakeholders and provide management with real-time data on program performance for evidence-based decision making. The results will further be used by program managers to enhance project performance by t using the information to detect problematic areas early enough and make appropriate adjustments in service delivery.
Existing MEAL Management Information System
Currently, the IRC is using several data bases to collect information on the different services provided to the clients, which include;
- PRIMERO which is being used to collect data on GBV case management
- COMM care used for collecting data on protection and legal case management
- Excel Trackers: each project has an excel tracker that tracks limited data on project performance
- Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT) which give management an overview on project performance
- Health Information system (HIS) which is an access desktop data bases that stores health information data.
Objective of the assignment
The IRC is seeking a consultant to support in developing an online computerized system that is able to; collect data from the different projects and workplan activities, centrally store this data, link with the different databases to generate reports routine performance on different project indicators, dashboards that support drilling down contributions from different field sites. The system should be able to show performance at institutional level by consolidating performance across the field sites and specific field site performance. A fully function system will be developed in a phased manner
The consultant will be responsible for building a complete and fully functional integrated MEAL system that incorporates all the project implemented within IRC. The systems will be developed in phased manner. The consultant will implement this assignment in a phased manner where a module will be worked on, tested, and rolled out for use by the program/project team.
Scope of Work
- Define requirements through user interviews, document analysis (MEAL Log frames, frameworks, Project work plans, MEAL tools.), Workshops, workflows processes and analysis, descriptions, user cases, scenarios, and task so that client’s requirements can be addressed precisely, and system can be developed by following all defined standards and methodologies.
- The consultant shall develop the functional requirements, Use Cases, Graphical User Interface, Screen, and Interface designs to be signed off.
- Explore the possibility of linking the current applications being used seamlessly at a lower /backend level and eliminate having to long into multiple data bases to access the information. However, the consultant will be allowed to suggest how best a centralized system that integrates data from all projects implemented in the different field sites.
- The integrated MEAL system should support the processes of collecting, measuring, monitoring, evaluating, reviewing, and reporting of data and information at a project & program level.
- The system should be scalable to include the all the projects of IRC but will start with the RE:BUILD project
- Enhance both project and program dashboard. The dashboard should not be sophisticated and it should provide reports, charts, and geo-spatial (GIS) maps to track key indicators and trends for senior management, stakeholders and the public.
- The system MUST be tailored to define custom indicators for the different project and program with various levels of aggregation such as location type of Services, age, nationality, disability, and any other custom aggregations.
- The system MUST be tailored to define a custom MEAL hierarchy structure and ability to aggregate result at both project, program level, sector level and institutional level.
- The consultant shall include the report generation module (Tabular, Graphic and pivot tables) to include different project indicators and data
- The system should provide for easy development and addition of new data collection tools and query builders for analysis.
- Link the query to the data sets generated from the new data entry screen to facilitate user defined analysis.
- Provide for import and export of raw data to Microsoft excel for further analysis (The exported data should maintain the geographical location and time information).
- The consultant should provide for uploading the exiting data on the different project being implemented accomplished and for projects that closed.
- Technology planning considerations: the solution should not cost friendly, it’s should allow for offline and online version.
- The application shall be hosted by IRC and the constant should provide technical assistance on Load balancing, Security Testing, and the necessary integration testing of the two integrated systems.
- The system MUST be configured to track audit Log that keeps tracks of User Activity in the integrated database.
The consultant SHALL link the system to the exiting data bases;
- COMM care
- Provide a window for uploading the exiting information in excel data bases