South Mitrovicë/a, Kosovo
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Project Manager for its Sida-funded project implemented in Kosovo.
About the job
DRC has been operating in Kosovo since 1998, initially providing emergency relief and, since 2003, focusing on minority returns. Currently we work with returnees, IDPs and minority communities to promote the achievement of durable solutions and community stabilization. In parallel, we support Kosovo authorities in strengthening their ability to develop and implement policies and tools aimed at ensuring the protection of our persons of concern’s rights.
DRC has been working with Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities, primarily in South Mitrovicë/a, since the early 2000’s. Our activities facilitated the return of displaced families, and subsequently focused on their socio-economic integration. With funds from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), we have been supporting the residents of Roma Mahalla/Mahala and Dy Korriku / Sitničko Naselje since 2009 through multi-sectoral activities aimed, among others, to promote their socio-cultural integration. Starting in 2018, activities broadened to include Kosovo-wide support to Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities, as well as a component focused on Northern Kosovo, and a pilot sub-project aimed at strengthening community resilience to the conflict.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the Sida-funded project run from South Mitrovicë/a in compliance with donor’s regulations and requirements;
- Ensuring continuous compliance with internal standards and procedures, including those pertaining to DRC electronic enterprise management system (Dynamics);
- Coordinating and managing a team of 12 colleagues;
- Ensuring the smooth running of two DRC offices in South Mitrovicë/a;
- Closely coordinating with and supporting colleagues in relation to finance, administration, procurement, logistics, HR and other non-programmatic areas related to project implementation and office running;
- Closely coordinating with colleagues operating from the Mitrovicë/a Offices and engaged in other projects;
- Closely coordinating and collaborating with relevant international and national organizations and other relevant parties, including national authorities, local partners and beneficiaries;
- Ensuring that at all times contact with beneficiaries, target groups and representatives of authorities is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner;
- Upholding DRC’s organizational reputation and image with all interlocutors, based on standard procedures/guidelines as well as in compliance with guidance from the Country Director.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be able to:
- Manage a multi-component project implemented over a vast geographical area and targeting a large number of beneficiaries distributed across several locations;
- Coordinate the simultaneous implementation of a number of activities, as well as of administrative, HR, procurement and logistic operations;
- Manage the smooth running of DRC’s two offices located in South Mitrovicë/a;
- Effectively and efficiently prioritise among tasks;
- Maintain positive and productive relations with project stakeholders.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) – substantial work experience in the development sector, especially with displaced/refugee/returnee communities, can substitute education qualification;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English (minimum C1 level);
- Minimum three years of experience in project management;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Experience dealing with national partners and local/government authorities;
- Professional background in working with returnees, internally displaced persons and/or refugees;
- Good experience in training and liaising with national NGOs;
- Experience working in multicultural work settings.
- Experience working with Roma, Ashkali and/or Egyptian communities or similar groups;
- Knowledge of Albanian and/or Serbian language(s);
- Experience in working with value chains / market systems development will be considered a strong plus.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 10 months (including 3 months probation period) with the possibility of extension
Band: F – Management (Level 2)
Designation of Duty Station: South Mitrovicë/a, Kosovo (Non-family duty station)
Start date: estimated By March 2022 – PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF RELEVANT FUNDS
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications must be submitted exclusively through the online system on https://drc.ngo/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. Those applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 04/10/2021.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.