Civil Affairs Reports Officer
Juba (South Sudan)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Civil Affairs Officer/Civil Affairs Director, Civil Affairs HQ Information and Analysis Cell Team Leader, or the relevant State Office Team Leader, or periodically their respective designate, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Producing accurate, timely and edited consolidated daily reports based on inputs received from the state and HQ offices or from within a state office. Producing consolidated thematic weekly and monthly reports on the central themes, issues and associated Civil Affairs actions based on inputs received from state and HQ offices, or from within a state office. Reporting to adhere to the key aspects of the UNMISS Civil Affairs mandate, guided by UNSC Resolutions 2304 to assist the protection of civilians and support implementation of peace agreements with emphasis on conflict management including early warning and interventions at the local and state levels;
- Maintain a mechanism to track use of Result Based Budgeting (RBB) tools and maintenance of the RBB database;
- Establish and maintain a Civil Affairs Division (CAD) partners/contacts database;
- Provide of briefings and other analytic reports as required on political developments, peace processes, conflict and insecurity;
- Working with designated information technology staff to manage Civil Affairs information and produce summary reports;
- Consolidate for market information received from or produced by a state office(s) and incorporating into a database that produces trends and other summary information;
- Participate in meetings on behalf of CAD with other UN Agencies, civil society organisations and other partners, both local and international;
- Liaise with partners to disseminate the UNMISS and CAD mandate;
- Support the organisation of workshops and other team building activities;
- Perform and supervise national personnel, governmental or non-governmental counterparts for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training;
- Perform other related tasks as directed by the supervisor, Senior Civil Affairs Officer and/or Director of the Civil Affairs Division.
- Conflict management, political science, international relations, public administration, social sciences, anthropology, law, economics or related area;
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least minimum three years relevant experience in coordination and liaison with partners and stakeholders;
- Analytical skills in relation to political, security, social and economic dynamics;
- Proven report-writing in the official language of the mission without the need of further grammatical editing is mandatory;
- Knowledge management, archiving and documentation is mandatory;
- Experience in working in the area of conflict management: prevention, mitigation, resolution is preferred.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
- Experience working in conflict situations an asset;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Sound security awareness.